Sportif 4efte Beast! :)

i am the proud owner of a sportif turbo... and in the process of completing the conversion!! inevitably I've ran into a few problems...but i hav got the engine running....and running sweet!! i got the car with the ecu wired in (not sure if fully correctly, but shees running) the rear glanza axle has been put in as well!! problems encountered are:

-fuel pump doesnt work unless i bridge the diagnostic port

-has oem lsd which i didnt know (found out when shafts didnt line up)...so need shafts and rear mount

-engine management light on

-dont think the fuel cut is wired correctly...wires to ecu jus hanging there!!

-hks super drager exhaust doesnt line up with hangers

-gear linkage braket wrong

-oil light on very faintly...and becomes brighter when ran a bit. (personally think wiring fault)

i think that is about it...i will post the link of sum pikkies so you get an idea of what she looks like!! if anyone has any ideas of solutions to these problems...please dont hesitate to give me a shout!!! i need al the help i can get!!

cheers guys!! ^_^

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh i hate running into problems ^_^. only one i can relate to is the oil light. i had the wire for the oil pressure sensor on the coolant sensor bit. easy mistake if your rushing about. dunno if thats your problem but thats defo what mine was doin for a while.

im doing mine now as well ^_^

fuel pump... check you have a live feed to it, or it wont wind up.

exhaust hangers.. easy to fix, take it to an exhaust place when its sorted, or get a welder to come out to you and sort it out.

rest of the problems you just need to keep an eye out on the forums, post up in wanted sections, and try all the jap breakers.

good luck with it dude

yhh i was gna chop the hangers and re weld themin the positions they needed....put them in the rubbers and match it up 2 the chassis, as for the fuel pump....my biggest worry :S!!!! ther is no power 2 the pump at all!! and ther is no relay clickin!! i need to know if the switched feed comes from the ecu....or jus an ignition feed?!?! it has a switched feed efi relay pin on the ecu....but when i look at wiring diagrams it looks like a feed comes from the ignition!! ne 1 help on that??

yhh i was gna chop the hangers and re weld themin the positions they needed....put them in the rubbers and match it up 2 the chassis, as for the fuel pump....my biggest worry :S!!!! ther is no power 2 the pump at all!! and ther is no relay clickin!! i need to know if the switched feed comes from the ecu....or jus an ignition feed?!?! it has a switched feed efi relay pin on the ecu....but when i look at wiring diagrams it looks like a feed comes from the ignition!! ne 1 help on that??

im not entirely sure what it is as standard. im pretty muck making a loom for mine, and we have put the feed on ignition.. but goes through a switch first. so turn ignition on, then fuel pump. then start engine. the loom for it runs over the centre tunel on the chassis, i think from memory its the blue wire, but cnt be sure without going out and checking. that needs a live feed to it, and ure away. but make sure its from an ignition live, not permanent or it will keep running when you turn everything off, and kill you battery.

Jay

ahhh rite yeaa i fink im jus gona start again...and wire in my own!! im going 2 run an ignition feed to a relay for the electromagnet...and jus a normal constant feed on the other side of it!! that should be fine yea?? how a relay is normally wired!! how come you have ran it of an ignition feed but still put a switch in it jay?? for the novelty??

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

update!!! therm housing in a sorted...test drove her she goes lovely!!! 7 psi with the hi/low boost solenoid bypassed :S!! new actuator me thinks!! fuel pump wiring sorted, no switched ground from the ecu!! all wiring is now complete!! so bolted all the dash back in!! fmic by the end of the month, then exhaust n MOT :p.

I like the colour, the other half had one the same colour, i always wanted to turbo it.

yeaa when i bought it i didnt evn know what colour it was ha...i jus knew it wer a sportif half finished!! tiz a bonus tho!! B)

Pay up :D

:p

lol im a student u gota cut me sum slack :p !! naa much appreciated tho mate

Your from Somerset? Never seen you around B)

it will be boosting about in no time dw!! B)