guys, dale has proven that the 4efe can be turbo'd... just have a look on the austarletclub.com. as he says, it ran for 70,000km turboed. and as far as i am aware still is!!

but for the insurance costs over here its far easier to go an buy a glanza.

Rich.

i have proven it can be done and be reliable heaps of times, we have quite a few turbo 4efe's driving around australia.. thats what i love, when people say it cant be done or wont be reliable i do it just to prove them wrong! not 1 of them has broken a engine part, i broke one gearbox and that was when i dumped the clutch at 8000rpm in second gear to do a burnout!

despite what ivan says he dosent know anything about my car other that what was posted on the au starlet club site, there are only a few people that know everything and they dont post on the site or know anyone on the site! not everything gets posted on the net despite what you may think...

your still yet to prove your self ivan, enough talk on the net how bout putting your products where your mouth is! you havent proven that anything cant be done, you just have your theroys, well i have PROVEN that it can be done time and time again, no one has PROVEN THAT IT CANT BE DONE NO ONE. when you actually do something and prove your self people might listen to what you say. until then keep your mouth shut as you have no exprience turboing a 4efe let alone any other type of engine...

Rich,

yes it is still going stong, the new owner loves it!

Ah some friendly bitching... let's hope it doesn't go to far eh?

You've proven yourself by your results mate. Your kits would be great over here. Just the tuning and maintenance needed afterwards would be harder for us. There are a lot of cowboys to watch out for.

maybe you want to make your products know over here dale?

im sure ther will be quite a few people that would be interested in some ecu's an stuff, and i may be interested in a turbo kit when i finish uni....

just a thought :angry:

Rich.

maybe you want to make your products know over here dale?

im sure ther will be quite a few people that would be interested in some ecu's an stuff, and i may be interested in a turbo kit when i finish uni....

just a thought :angry:

Rich.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there are a couple going on cars as we speak! so it wont be long before the word gets around

dale

• 2 weeks later...

i am a bit of a novice when it comes to turbos, but as you can see from this topic, im still considering turboing my 4efe with 4efte parts basically using,

4efte exhaust mani,

ct9,

4efte downpipe,

4efte tmic front mounted,

maybe some 4efte injectors.

and just letting the actuator control boost.

is there any way round using a aftermarket ecu? i cant use a 4efte ecu because of the different ignition systems, can i not get a rrfpr and some bigger injectors?

i really dont wanna do the fte engine change, and i really would rather not use a different ecu as there is no where local that can set it up for me.

any ideas?

is there a way around using a aftermarket ecu???

Rich.

Just read this thread start to finish in an endeavour to get a better understanding of wot would be involved in gettin some turbo power in my extreem ep. Gotta admit most is over my head at the mo, but the fact that Dale has succesfully turboed the 4efe is pure awesome!!!! I WISH i could afford to do this!!!! :D:D:D Nice work man, seriously impressive. I'd love to be able to wipe the smirks off some faces over here with a turbo lurkin under my bonnet, would be class!!!! :D:D

Phil.

thats the main reason i fancy turboing my car, there are so many cars round here that know they can cane me, so i'd be good to come up behind one of em with some turbo power some day. :D

Rich.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
thats the main reason i fancy turboing my car, there are so many cars round here that know they can cane me, so i'd be good to come up behind one of em with some turbo power some day. tongue.gif

Rich.

hey mate i have a turbo 82 and got to tell ya could not live without the turbo so if your going to make the modds to do it, then i say do it sooooooooooooooo much fun to drive and they really are pocket rockets