• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see plenty of GSDs on here!! its all we have had for the 20+ years and all of them have been car dogs lol

This is my shadow, shadow the day we picked him up before we knew what was going to come!

005-1.jpg

087.jpg

013-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

first snow and all ready going every where in the Starlet this was in the Lakes

017.jpg

All was going well till he started been lame in his front left leg so we took him to the vets to see what they had to say so 2 xrays later we found out he had short ulna syndrome/elbow dysplasia so it was decision time there was 4 choices 1, the wankers way out put him to sleep this was not even a choice!! 2, was leave it and end up with him loosing the leg same again this was not going to happen! 3, was chop off the leg same again lol not happening!! 4, operate and try to straighten out the joint this is what I went for only thing was it was going to cost a small fortune!! so any way we went for the first op.

He had a section chopped out of the bone I still have this on the fire place lol and a pin put in this was working but he was growing too fast and it healed up before it had chance to work!

017-1.jpg

fcca5c1b.jpg

So next he had another op the bone cut open again and 6 pins and a torsion frame put on to stretch it into place we had to adjust it 2mm twice a day for about 2 month!! he was very good all through it we stopped using the head cone after the first op as he did not like it so we made him a cover to stop him weeing all over the open wounds. he had this redone twice as the pins kept bending!

9431fe4d.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

48c357ea.jpg

458e492e.jpg

Well after nearly a year of ops, pins and xrays I was 7K out of pocket!! That was harder work than anything getting the bloody money out of the insurance!! But what I got was a best mate that will never let me down!!! and this is him up now and his girl friend Missy my mum/dads dog

f498da4f.jpg

4172e402.jpg

0471656d.jpg

d2f0db66.jpg

dcbae7aa.jpg

I think you might work out the missis and me dont give up easy lol we also do volentry work for the German shepherd rescue re-homing rescue dogs and I love every bit of it!!

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/

Edited by Rob H

snip

we had a german shep cross rottwieler and sadly lost her earlier this year at 13 years old, she had ops on her back legs as we had the same options but no matter how much it cost we went for the opperation to try fix her up and at the time she was only young. we now have a puppy german called frankie and she is also a great dog. your german looks awsome mate

This is our Boy Nanook with living in canada we have access to dogs you can never get in the uk, he is part Wolf/Husky his fathers side and part GSD on his mothers side, the wife calls him our 90lb lapdog lol

IMG_00000018.jpg

IMG_00000062.jpg

this one was when he was a smaller puppy lol

IMG_0550.jpg

EDIT: how do you put pics up without having a link now ?

Edited by Nanglebadger

god i'd hate to have a dog or cat in the car like some folk, do they not cover them in hair etc?

Only pet in our house is my sisters 7month old Hermanns tortoise -

59x1y8.jpg

i have other better pics but tinypics being a bellend and turning them upside down when i upload them for some reason :S

Really want a chameleon as well though

Had to avoid this thread for a bit as had to have Jake, my parents GSD, put down a few weeks ago as he got cancer and went downhill very quickly. I was in bits and Jess who was 2 years younger than him is still struggling as she tries to find him and she seems like a totally different dog. RIP Jake

Rob H - That is a touching story :)

• 9 months later...

Some lovely animals there!!

I have a male pitbull terrier who is ten but my house hold is ruled by my 2 year old miniature jack Russell, lol

I'll get some pics up shortly if I can.