• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks chaps, I try and keep on top off cleaning it but took those pictures today and it hasnt been cleaned for a couple weeks ;o ;p

Got my wheels booked in for tuesday, Think i'll be spraying them black untill i can save for some new wheels =]

Few bits and bobs arrived this week =]

ohhhh Genuine toyota boxes ;o enough to get me excited any day of the week.

DSC00251.jpg

New lights arrived, very happy with them! They really do the HID's justice i think.

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

I also picked up a shift light, The make is 'bride', but i'm pretty sure its not a genuine bride product but looks pretty sweet & didnt cost me much.

DSC00253.jpg

Cheeky Temp Laguna splitter untill i can source an factory oem front lip =]

DSC00252.jpg

Got a few more parts to arrive this week yet so will post a few more pics up when they arrive :thumbsup:

God them light do look good them HID's take my eyes out on here never mind in real life lol nice update looking forward to some more :thumbsup:

Corr yea they are bright, i love them though. Had the couple sets of lights in and out so going to get them aligned properly sometime, don't want to be dazzling the other traffic =]

2nd parcel in two days =], This one containing Hks filter to replace the hks panel filter, And a BOV blanking plate.

Fitted both of them + quickly fitted the laguna splitter =]

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

Spec to date

* FMIC

* Bailey BOV

* L.S.D

* Shift light

* Hks air filter

* HID 8000k

* Roadster Wheels

* 3 point Rear Strut brace ( F.Option)

* Tein Springs/Excel G shock Absorbers

Next in the shopping cart

- Boost gauge

- Exhaust/Manifold/Decat

- Better Bov

- Hks Actuator

Yea, Excellent service mick!

I haven't taken her out just yet, Led down in the ice fitting the splitter has frozen me to death, i just had to get inside lol, Did take a minute to block the bov and hear how loud she chatters though, what a lovely sound =] I'd love to keep the chatter but after the debate about it damaging your turbo it niggles at the back of my head!

Some people say yes, some people say no, Whats The verdict folks?

Lol you are mad i dont mind working in the cold but fuck laying down in the ice lol

as for the chatter i think it will always happen on stock ct9 turbos with the wastgate been so small it has no choice

i had my last glanza up to 200bhp on stock ct9 and it chatterd all the time and i never had no bother with it :lol: but i would say get rid of that dump valve you have got on now they are known to leak I've just got a hks ssqv one off ebay for £50 it was for a rx7 but so what it dose the job just cause it doesnt say its for a starlet dont meen its not going to do the same job as long has it has the same fitment as the one for the starlet thats all that matters ;)

Lol you are mad i dont mind working in the cold but fuck laying down in the ice lol

as for the chatter i think it will always happen on stock ct9 turbos with the wastgate been so small it has no choice

i had my last glanza up to 200bhp on stock ct9 and it chatterd all the time and i never had no bother with it ;) but i would say get rid of that dump valve you have got on now they are known to leak I've just got a hks ssqv one off ebay for £50 it was for a rx7 but so what it dose the job just cause it doesnt say its for a starlet dont meen its not going to do the same job as long has it has the same fitment as the one for the starlet thats all that matters :lol:

I hear you brother, I fuckin hate my bailey! lol! Waiting for a decent one at a decent price to pop up and i'll be getting rid of it that's for sure! Lying down on the ice was insane, extent's some of us go too to fit new parts eh? lol!

I ran mine without a BOV with no problems :lol:

IMO only really sounds decent when the filter is relocated to the front bumper.

But what was even better was open turbo, no mesh or filter just open ;)

I had to move my car and I had sold the filter relocation so had to drive it with nothing and my god it was so loud loved it if I could get away with running nothing I would :o

But I have a Greddy Type S to go on once my build is ready :D

Anyways good progress mate love the way this car is heading :D

Spent the morning fitting the Shift light =] Took a quick pic and cheeky video, Should have turnt the music off so you could hear the turbo/engine etc but i'll take a better video with no sound.

As the pic shows, i have the shift light set on just over 4000rpm for the minute. Does anyone know what the peak revs are for the 4efte? 6800 or something?

DSC00259.jpg

th_MOV00258.jpg

Thanksss

Does anyone know what the peak revs are for the 4efte? 6800 or something?

When I had mine dyno'd, the HP peaked at 6,616 revs. In reality though, it feels nasty changing after 6K. I'd set it to about 5.5K or whatever feels right.

Car looks great mate!

What FMIC is that? could you nudge it to sit straight? :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

Oz

Thanks spark, I didn't really look into getting one but i pretty much got it free so thought i'd fit it and see what i made of it, think it'll stay for the meantime =]

When I had mine dyno'd, the HP peaked at 6,616 revs. In reality though, it feels nasty changing after 6K. I'd set it to about 5.5K or whatever feels right.

Car looks great mate!

What FMIC is that? could you nudge it to sit straight? :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

Oz

Ah excellent, I'll set it at 5.5k and adjust to suit but certainly not any higher than 6.6k! The fmic is autobahn i 'think', didnt have to cut hardly any of the bumper to fit and didnt have to remove the aircon! It's sitting straight now, just needed nudging over a couple of CM's. Thank-You OZ!

Jae

lil wayne? lol, nice addition just needs a boost guage next to it to put you off even more lol

Ha, ye lil wayne snuck onto the playlist ;p I'm after a decent boost gauge =] just waiting for micky to sell me his hahah!

Mick - Let me know if you get one and have any questions about connecting her up matey!

=]

If you are after a good boost guage there is this one and this is rather cheep

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blitz-Racin...sQ5fAccessories

if you are after a normal one there is this one but for the extra money id rather have the top one lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/52mm-Boost-Gauge-POD...=item35a61df26d

and thanks for the the heads up matey i will be geting one so i will be sending you a pm asking for some help on that lol