Starlet Nath's Glanza Conversion

Its not really easy to get it out, I will try and get it out in once piece but I cannot promise. But my brother in-law(who works for Merc) says that windscreens that have been used before when refitted never really seal properly!!

So I'll be getting a new one from Toyota, which admittedly is £123 +vat but I'm sure it will be worth it ;)

If it was on the road and insured I get one for £50 through my insurance, but hey ho :rolleyes:

I got a quote for £260, my car needs MOT and its not going to pass with the cracked screen!

If i buy one from Toyota, do you think i could fit it myself using a bonding kit?!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a quote for £260, my car needs MOT and its not going to pass with the cracked screen!

If i buy one from Toyota, do you think i could fit it myself using a bonding kit?!

I don't see why you couldn't :rolleyes:

You also need a new seal for the front screen.

But I have never done one before but I'm going to do my own ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Had some more parts come the other day so I thought I'd put up a bit of a list of what I have and what I'm going to get

Engine

Ross 74.5mm Pistons

Pauter Rods

Samco hoses

Blitz FMIC

Blitz NUR Spec Zorst

Sard RRFPR with gauge

Sard low temp Thermostat

Sard K26 Turbo kit

Apexi Power FC

Walbro fuel pump

Exedy paddle clutch

Quaife LSD

Custom alloy Radiator

Suspension/Handling

Tein type flex coilovers

RSR Pan hard rod

Carbing 3 point front strut brace

Cusco lower front brace

Whiteline Front 24mm ARB with polyurethane links

Whiteline rear adjustable ARB

Whiteline Antilift kit

Custom multipoint welded in roll cage

Cusco rear brace - Still to get

Front Poly bushes - Still to get

Body

Shell fully seam welded and then sprayed glorious Toyota 205 Satin Black

98 Spec Glanza front bumper

Glanza Rear Bumper

Cruise bonnet

Cruise bootlid

Glanza Rear spoiler

Polycarbonate windows - Still to get

Interior

2 x Sparco Carbon fibre bucket seats - Still to get

2 x Sabelt Racing harnesses - Still to get

A dash

No interior trim well apart from the roll cage!!!

Brakes

Toy tuning brake setup - Still to get

Bias pedal box - To make

Glanza Rear beam

unfreakinbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i notice a front ARB on there man, im interested in ARBs myself tho was warned off a front one due to it makin the front too tight and would lead to too uch understeer. wots your opinions on this please Nath my good man??

hope those cds worked ok man, if not let me know asap!

Phil.

i notice a front ARB on there man, im interested in ARBs myself though was warned off a front one due to it makin the front too tight and would lead to too uch understeer. wots your opinions on this please Nath my good man??

hope those cds worked ok man, if not let me know asap!

Alright Phil,

Yes the cds work great matey

Well I'd heard mixed reports matey about the 24mm ARB and I fnacied so I thought I'd give it a try!!! But for what they cost if I don't like it I'll get the smaller one!!

I thought Toby said he had got one and it was ok?

Nath :D

Thats a pretty impressive spec list :D

BUT what happened to the HOK paint????

And is that a CF bonnet you got???

Not bothering with HOK paint as it will be a track car and it is likely that it ay get damaged at some point. Plus the guy I know wanted £7k to paint it HOK which as you can imagine I was gob smacked!!!!

No CF bonnet just as Si said standard bonnet and reverse scoop. But just like Si I have fallen in love with the Cruise FP bonnet which will be on my list of bits to buy once it run in!!!

Not bothering with HOK paint as it will be a track car and it is likely that it ay get damaged at some point. Plus the guy I know wanted £7k to paint it HOK which as you can imagine I was gob smacked!!!!

No CF bonnet just as Si said standard bonnet and reverse scoop. But just like Si I have fallen in love with the Cruise FP bonnet which will be on my list of bits to buy once it run in!!!

£7k??? the guy must be off his titty's :D:p:D

Aaaah right i was going to say about the weight difference but FRP sounds good :D:wub: