Diy Tom's Style Adjustable Spoiler!

I have a spare EP82 spoiler and decided I want to make it adjustable. So far, I've done the difficult bit of cutting the OE spoiler into 3 sections and removed 10mm from the ends to allow for the thickness of the alloy brackets. I hope I've cut it completely symmetrical!

I've modelled the brackets and hope to get them CNC'd soon. Then it will be a case of bonding the brackets onto each open end and maybe get it resprayed before fitting.

Didn't fancy spending a fortune on a TOM's spoiler so I'll hopefully have the next best thing.

Will post up pics when its fitted.

DSCN1261.jpg

spoiler4.jpg

spoiler5.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

spoiler1.jpg

Cheers lads. Lookin forward to seeing the end result. You think I should paint the brackets are leave them un coated alloy?

Dean - Excellent idea with the carbon centre section. Must keep an eye out for one that would suit.

• 2 weeks later...

At last it's on!!! Brought a smile to my face when I shut the tailgate and had a look.

I put it as high as it goes to see how much it changes the look of the car. I'm happy with the results but wouldn't fancy going through the process again in a hurry.

Lets just hope it puts up with the air flow.

Pics aren't the greatest. WIll get some more after a wash on the next dry day!

SDC13631.jpg

SDC13635.jpg

SDC13639.jpg

SDC13641.jpg

SDC13644.jpg

^^Looks great mate, just one thing though..the metal would look better sprayed to match the spoiler.

Top effort though

Have you used security torx screws aswell? just incase some pikey decides to try and unbolt it?

I quite like the engineered look but might consider painting the brackets when the spoiler is getting sprayed later. Good shout about the machine screws! Will invest in some