Police Do You Really Have Nothing Better To Do

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we r working away from home atm , and got payd today so at dinner time we jumpd in the works van and the lad driving it is 24 and fully comp. stopd in the lil town of oakham leister no ware to park so he just parkd on double yellows. (yes i no its wrong but who here has never done it) no jokes we were in the bank 4 mins. jumpd back in the van police come up step out of the car ect. me n my mate was sitting in the van an hour waiting for him. he ended up paying a £60 fine and free points. and when they ran a insurance check because he is fully comp apparently the van we were in was a commercial vehical it didnt cover it evan though we had permission to use it by our foreman. make matters worse he had to ring the insures in the police car and get insurance on the van . which was £1700 , he had to pay a £250 non refundable profit to the insures. not bad half his wages gone in 5mins. gotta love the police

we r working away from home atm , and got payd today so at dinner time we jumpd in the works van and the lad driving it is 24 and fully comp. stopd in the lil town of oakham leister no ware to park so he just parkd on double yellows. (yes i no its wrong but who here has never done it) no jokes we were in the bank 4 mins. jumpd back in the van police come up step out of the car ect. me n my mate was sitting in the van an hour waiting for him. he ended up paying a £60 fine and free points. and when they ran a insurance check because he is fully comp apparently the van we were in was a commercial vehical it didnt cover it evan though we had permission to use it by our foreman. make matters worse he had to ring the insures in the police car and get insurance on the van . which was £1700 , he had to pay a £250 non refundable profit to the insures. not bad half his wages gone in 5mins. gotta love the police

oo bad one there mate

see this is what pisses me off we all work hard make our money and spend them on our cars, we pours thousands into insurance and local businesses then the police have a go????

...screw it i ll take up drugs instead less hassle

This is shocking tbf they have different rules for different people. I had a Yozza Sport Race Ragnotti track system on my cliosport and it wasnt road legal it was the loudest thing ever sounded like a bike, but they let me off after decibel testing it.

Unless you were being rude which i doubt you were or they rigged the decibel meter to pi*s you off then thats pretty harsh.

i ll get it tested my self with and without the silencer

and no im never rude to the police cause lets face it theres no point cause they ll just find something wrong with your driving or car then...

like i say just annoys me that i wasnt speeding or driving stupidlly or anything and they stll have a go, like i say using my money on my car, not drink or drugs or owt.... just annoys me GRRRRRR :)

right quick update on whats been found out

you are allowed 98 decibels

when the test is carried out the meter must be 1 meter away from the exhaust and 1 meter up from the exhaust

you do have to rev to between 2500-3000 the police must then show you the meter

still no answer on the points situation yet but sounds like all they can do you for is a noise petition offense which is the £30 fine

Have you modified the exhaust or is it as the garage put it on ?

Surely if it was installed by a exhaust center then it should be legal on the road !

If it was installed by a garage & you have not tampered with it then the garage should be changing your exhaust as well as paying your fine !!

Worth looking into.

well this is it guys would blitz really make a system that illegal to drive on the road??? i doubt it very much...

yes it was fitted proffesionally and sva fitted it and just to prove the niceness he is phoning up blitz on monday to get the decibel reading it should be

and yes all i got was the £30 fine BUT was told if i dont put the silencer in then he would give me 3 point has got me parranoid people im telling ya

A person i work with though his brother used to be cheif traffic inspector round colchester so he is going to ask him should have an answer by next week on wether you can get points or not.... if this is true side exit exhaust people be worried :)

Load of bollcks that is mate wouldnt even worry about it, fucking twat.

As above mine went through noise easily and that was @ 5k rpm, manifold, decat and Apexi N1 cat back

see mine full blitz stainless and well mani and de cat so thats why i thought i might be over?

I had a similar run in when I had the corsa, didn't help it was a front exit, but during the test I asked to see the calibration certificate for the decibel metre, to which the guy quickly replied that he didn't have an upto date one, and without that, he couldn't carry out a fair test, guy then took me into the car, did allsorts of checks, was on the phone to the insurance for nearly 45 mins going through all the mods, which were all declared, then he went through the car with a fine tooth comb, checked the tyres, suspension, brakes, then followed me back to my house so I could show him all my docs, needless to say I put in a complaint, nothing ever came of it though, wankers......

Damien

yer im gonna get it tested myself and yer damien see thats why i was all smiles with him while i was there cause he was a viechle inspector but they arent allowed to inspect your viechle by the road side you have to take it to one of their test bays

It all depends on the person though, some are brilliant, theres one in worksop who actually wanted me to take him for a spin, we were chatting for over an hour, talking about the car, and at the end of the night he said just make sure I don't do anything silly, was a proper sound bloke too, which is how police should be,

Damien

when i had the pulsar (mongoose syestem and decat) a police car pulled me over,first thing he said was 'can you turn your engine off, my ears are bleeding' lol,wasnt a good start,and i got a £30 fine with no mention of points