Engine Shit Itself Today :(

Well, my engine decided to go today, and my mates dad reckons its a snapped rod.

So the engines being taken out tomorrow and the cars getting declared off the road.

Its a good opportunity to get the engine forged now..tho i need some help on what rods and pistons to get..

I will hopefully be going TD04 after it gets forged.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks Armand

Not too sure atm when we have the engine out the mechanics having a look at it.

Like i said my friends dad was just assuming its a snapped rod from the noise is making.

PS It happened after playing with the stupid Bee *R rev limiter (yeh i was stupid to use it)

Armand

sorry to here that mate :)

PS im a starlet nut like everyone elss on here but theys cars are just like rovers i dont like saying it but they are

anything and everything go,s rong with them and it nocks me sick cause its like sitting on a ticking time bomb

wondering when mine is going to go bang :) if anyone wants to tell me off go ahead thats just how i feel at the mo

its just seem to be the same things that go rong head gaskets valve stems rods bottom ends bearings you name it everything gos rong and its a shame :thumbsup:

can you tell im pissed off for ya mate lol

dont forget starlets are quite an old car now really & people are putting bits on them to increase the power, so an engine which is at least 11 years old running more power than it did when it was new is gonna go wrong from time to time, especially if you put something like a bee r on it lol, did you raise the rev limit to much with the bee r & thats why he suspects u damaged a rod, u could give your sump a tap & can sometimes can hear parts of the rod rattling around if its properly snapped lol

dont forget starlets are quite an old car now really & people are putting bits on them to increase the power, so an engine which is at least 11 years old running more power than it did when it was new is gonna go wrong from time to time, especially if you put something like a bee r on it lol, did you raise the rev limit to much with the bee r & thats why he suspects u damaged a rod, u could give your sump a tap & can sometimes can hear parts of the rod rattling around if its properly snapped lol

hey yeh its deff a snapped rod..got too carried away with the bee r lol

• 1 month later...

Hey guys im happy to say that the glanza is back on the road since last week :lol:

New engine seems to be running alot smother than my old one before i done the damage too ;)

So im well happy..ill get some pics up of the engine damage and other random snaps throughout the engine replacement :D

Armand

thanks for feed back guys..

didnt get if forged...i now have my eye out for a CTR atm as i want a change tho im still keeping the V to work on, the engines coming out again soon to be hopefully forged

i feel like a change of car and it will mean ill have the glanza as a project ;)

Armand