How Far Would You Go...

same - travelled from east kilbride (15 mile from glasgow) to croyden in surrey for mine

ON THE BUS!! 8 hours!! total worth it tho!!

on a bus:O i went in my mates civic type r he added me to his insurance and i got him 1 days insurance on the glanza, i drove his back and he drove the starlet back. took about 5 hours to get there and about 4 hours back lol

on a bus:O i went in my mates civic type r he added me to his insurance and i got him 1 days insurance on the glanza, i drove his back and he drove the starlet back. took about 5 hours to get there and about 4 hours back lol

always faster in someone else car lol

i would travel anywhere for the right car, went 300 mile for my staret

none of my mates knew what i was upto.lol.wanted to surprise them a wee bitty :lol: but was a bitch - took the mrs down on the sleeper and it was mobbed with like no room.lol.

always faster in someone else car lol

i would travel anywhere for the right car, went 300 mile for my staret

defo!! word of advice to anyone doing it tho - take loads of munchies!!

Only thing is, is knowing whether or not it is the right car, as obviously people say anything to sell there car i suppose, Hmm i dunno lol!

exactly - i was shiting maself incase i didnt want the car or it was dodgy - but lucky it was a keeper :thumbsup:

Only thing is, is knowing whether or not it is the right car, as obviously people say anything to sell there car i suppose, Hmm i dunno lol!

yup, get a lift, because you have to be prepared to walk away, its worse buying the car just because youve travelled, better leaving it, and having wasted £80 on fuel, instead of ending up with a shitter.

i had a return ticket when i went to get my starlet, so i used it as part of the bargaining aswell, just to prove i would walk away from the car.

my furthest was edinburgh to cardif . lol :thumbsup:

Bloody hell mate! fair play!

I only travelled 3 and half hours for my glanza, Reason being, Cheap/Standard =]

Have been to see a few in the past that have been dogs though, some peoples idea of 'mint' is horrific, I could beat the shit out of some people for wasting my time! Couldn't imagine bus'ing it for 10 hours to find out the car was a peice of shit and the seller had lied through his teeth though!

=]

Bildo got a plane to Scotland from Essex then drove home ;)

He wins :thumbsup:

And i picked mine up from west sussex (should have been a hour and a bit drive but satnav is gay and it took over 2 hours...

Regardless of how long you travel if the cars good and you do your research on it

It will be well worth it mate :lol:

Not me personally but me and my dad drove from South West London, to Leeds to view a 325i, bought it but as we had to wait for payment to clear, drove back, then 2 weeks later took a plane back up to Bradford/Leeds intl. Airport, then 3 buses to the sellers place, bought the car and then the 230mile journey back, luckily it was an incredibly quick one (J26/27 of the M1 IIRC, outside Nottingham was closed) as everyone was diverted through, we found the quickest route back on, to a clear junction 25, as in us and 2 other cars on it, hammered it. Fastest I've been passengering in a car, just wish I could drive it.

Oh and my dad flew from London to Glasgow to buy a Toyota Avensis back in 1999 and drove it back, but I wasn't with him for that one.

Shafz.