1999 Starlet Sr Na Build

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FRP parts sound interesting :D

What exactly would the 7k kit consist of, I know it's probably early days but I'm curious :D

I've been talking to Lee (redz11) who'salso got a E101 Corolla 1.6 Exhaust mani which he says has made a significant difference to power! I think that's something I'm considering looking for soon, as it would be quite cheap and the only aftermarket exhaust mani that I've seen (OBX) is quite dear in comparison!

one of my own branded ecus altered to redline to eather to 7200k & 8200k

and uprated valve springs in two flavours to kope with the valve bounce.

thats interesting on the 4a-fe exhaust mani, il look into it next time im at the breakers.

ive been searching for options in this aria, and im looking at getting a batch of 4-1 manis made up from some regular steam pipe grade metal. this should keep the costs further down. but id have to see interest in it first

if that 4a-fe mani looks like it works better then that would help loads.

yeah, i thought that phil, well it was off a rolla.

i would have thought there was a small difference if any between the gi/soelil one and the rolla one? chris (nastyrash) fitted mine for me which came out of his rolla. either way they both give more than the standard parts allowing more power.

Yup your exhaust manis are off a rolla, both of them ^ it was given the 1st gen FE engine

Someone should get some figures for the FTE inlet

I like the way the PP lads have modified the FTE inlet to allow for a more direct air flow to the cylinders and got rid of the curved bit.

one of my own branded ecus altered to redline to eather to 7200k & 8200k

and uprated valve springs in two flavours to kope with the valve bounce.

thats interesting on the 4a-fe exhaust mani, il look into it next time im at the breakers.

ive been searching for options in this aria, and im looking at getting a batch of 4-1 manis made up from some regular steam pipe grade metal. this should keep the costs further down. but id have to see interest in it first

if that 4a-fe mani looks like it works better then that would help loads.

Any ideas on a rough price for the rpm kit?

I might hold off getting a 4afe exhaust mani then! I'd like to see what you come up with first :o

I'd love the FRP panels too but the spraying costs would put me off :o

Bin After this thread for sometime now..

Finally read through it

Gonna Be keeping my eye on Thiss

:o

me tooo

really cnt wait till this kits are availible, im gettin saving up now so i can get one :o

• 2 weeks later...

The high and steady torque curve is due to the 45mm TB, much netter than the lower weak ep82 one man. I had 7afe 50mm and you could feel and see the difference, you could really feel the dip at 3500k. I weighed the SR at the skip it was 940kg and my standard sportif was 860kg before I stripped it out. EP91 seat runners weigh 6.4kg, gt seats are 4kgish total. The ep91 can be stripped as well as the ep82, weight difference is largely due to interior trim. I measured 4efte valve lift at 7.2mm, havnt measured 4efe yet altough seen it quoted at 6.2?

Id love a crystal, could trade for my ep85 100ps ecu? Ive always wondered about a lightweight rear axle too hint hint. Ive tried and tested most of the bolt-on stuff over the years and breathing is a major factor. Factory airbox system is unbeatable, perfect for torque although a new air temp sensor will make a instant difference in power. I put one on mine and instant improvement.

PM me if you want to bounce a few questions my way

• 2 weeks later...
the inlet on the Gen 1, looks like the one ive had fitted to mine (mine was out of a corolla) i`ll have to get some pics of it. I imagine this inlet allows for better top end, chris explained this to me when he was fitting it for me.

but i have noticed a hell of a difference than when it had the standard inlet on.

I was thinking of stripping mine to find spare weight its just i dont really know where to start though.

i will definatly keep watching this build enzo :)

yep fella and you got a turbo throttle body, very big. the 2 mainfolds are very different and the 1 i fitted for lee iz the best standard 1 for the N/A that i know of.

plus the exhaust mainfold is a 4-2-1 on the 89-93 corrola,

thr are many ways to get rid of the rpm limmiter, the most simple way i have found is a piggy back ignitions amp for as little as 150 quid fitted, but its not just the valve springs that you have 2 worry about wen you near 7000 rpm, and a veriable lenght inlet manifold would be amazing on this engine. the throttle body heater element is another thing to disconnect to allow a cooler air charge, (more dens). plus throttle bodys are good but you chase all power to the top end of the rpm, which to be quite honest is not realy for road use.

• 2 months later...
Guest Enzo
Any developments Geo? :)

trying to keep the thing on the road, i bust the lock then the window which eventualy smashed outside my gfs house, luckely there was a silver sr braking localy so raiped the door for that.

ive also fitted a new clutch and gearbox after a spring screwed up and the was crunching in second.

last week i had to fit another two tyres and two new rear springs as the two previous lowering springs have snapped.

so its been a bit of a choire to keep on the road.

but now where things are standing this project is shifting direction.

all the parts i am using for this build im gona put on the ep82 soliel that im importing over at the moment,

the whole reason for the shift, is that this soliel l fully wet weighs 760 kilos,

thats 160 kilos less or two fat men less weight to lug about, plus it has 1oobhp already.

i raced gaz-gbr in his ep80 2e starlet and he shat all over me so thought im having a bit of that.

now cutting to the crunch, im holding onto this as my daily, the plan is to shoehorn a 1mz-fe engine into the bay.

does anyone know what engine that is?

Guest Enzo

i have sourced the valve springs but its not straight forward fitting them requiring the head to be removed,

until i sort this issue out i cant release the revlimit kit

now cutting to the crunch, im holding onto this as my daily, the plan is to shoehorn a 1mz-fe engine into the bay.

a v6!!

im holding onto this as my daily, the plan is to shoehorn a 1mz-fe engine into the bay.

3.0 V6 from a Camry isn't it? If so, thats gonna be tight.

• 2 months later...