Just Goes To Show You,

check out this crash, then watch it again.

there is nothing the merc and bmw driver could do, goes to show that someone else could easily take you out.

it was mechanical not driver errer that caused all these fatalities.

That was horrible :thumbsup:

Really hits home, my Dad is a lorry driver, drives all over the continent, just came back from Modena in Italy on Wednesday, couldnt imagine if something like that happened :)

That was in Italy, saw it on the Italian news when it happened, pretty extreme and everything happened within the space of seconds.

I can't remember if that was actually the result of mechanical failure or not, but a LOT of truck driver accidents, in Italy at least are caused by DUI (foreign driver's, not Italian!), a sickeningly large proportion...

And also, what realistically could passers' by do? It's a raging inferno, I very much doubt any of them would have the experience/skill to intervene, and they're not going to risk themselves in such a high risk scenrario - the best thing to do is call the forces, and as evident, that crash happened right by a traffic camera, the emergency services would've been signalled immediately.

It's even stipulated in the Highway Code that if you come across the scene of an accident that you don't ever touch the occupants as you may risk further injury to them.

WOW didnt know it was in Italy thats a bit mad :thumbsup:

I agree on the DUI in foreign countries. Watched traffic cops a while ago and a Polish driver was about 10 times the limit, but looekd fine and was acting normal and as if he had done nothing wrong because obviously the law is different over there :)

I didn't like seeing the brake lights go on, it's something inexplainable. Almost as if they tried to stop and the brakes give you an indication of when they were alive, then not even half a second later there is nothing left. It's shocking.

I didn't like seeing the brake lights go on, it's something inexplainable. Almost as if they tried to stop and the brakes give you an indication of when they were alive, then not even half a second later there is nothing left. It's shocking.

yea thats the bit that got me too gaz.

I watched this a few months ago, I never really noticed the car's just driving past the accident, i cannot see how people can do it! I'd have to go and try get to the people i couldn't just sit and watch people die, obviously some people would have died on impact but i don't reckon they all did!

• 1 month later...

Really makes you think about lifing your life to the full and enjoying it to the max all the time.

I was sitting in solid nose to tail traffic for like an hour and a half the other day. There was loads of police cars and ambulances bombing it up the hard shoulder and then a helecopter flew over and landed on the motorway and airlifted someone to hospital.

Turned out a motorbike had crashed into the back of a car or the car had just pulled out on his or sumin, but the bikes whole front half had been mashed into the chasis and the wheel was missing then the back end of the car was massively crumpled.

Kinda scary how someone else could just end you life instantly tho.

Really makes you think about lifing your life to the full and enjoying it to the max all the time.

I was sitting in solid nose to tail traffic for like an hour and a half the other day. There was loads of police cars and ambulances bombing it up the hard shoulder and then a helecopter flew over and landed on the motorway and airlifted someone to hospital.

Turned out a motorbike had crashed into the back of a car or the car had just pulled out on his or sumin, but the bikes whole front half had been mashed into the chasis and the wheel was missing then the back end of the car was massively crumpled.

Kinda scary how someone else could just end you life instantly tho.

Indeed it does mate.

I was cleaning the car the otherday. Went down my street to see the road blocked off. Seen a Corsa with the front end completely wrote off and just he forks and the front wheel of a motorbike about 30ft away from the corsa.

Had a phonecall then about 30mins after it saying it was my cousin on his bike and he is now in intensive care in a bad way :thumbsup:

I was devastated and it really fucked me up that I drove past not knowing it was him.

Thankfully he is making a recovery but the girl driving was apprently on here phone and went to turn right across oncoming traffic and completly wiped my cousin off his bike. His leg has a 14" titanium rod connecting his hip to his thema and he flew 9ft high and 30ft into a building face first and completely destroyed his face.

Just makes you think eh.

• 4 weeks later...
Indeed it does mate.

I was cleaning the car the otherday. Went down my street to see the road blocked off. Seen a Corsa with the front end completely wrote off and just he forks and the front wheel of a motorbike about 30ft away from the corsa.

Had a phonecall then about 30mins after it saying it was my cousin on his bike and he is now in intensive care in a bad way :p

I was devastated and it really fucked me up that I drove past not knowing it was him.

Thankfully he is making a recovery but the girl driving was apprently on here phone and went to turn right across oncoming traffic and completly wiped my cousin off his bike. His leg has a 14" titanium rod connecting his hip to his thema and he flew 9ft high and 30ft into a building face first and completely destroyed his face.

Just makes you think eh.

thats bad mate, hope he's ok, sorry to make an example of that situation, but thats my problem with bikes, so many people say but im a good rider, Im aware of whats going on, its very rarely the bikers fault, only takes a daft bitch like here to wipe you out, thats why Ile never get on a bike.

that crash is baaadd, but to see the comments on youtube is pretty mad, some people think they know it all