Mini update really.

So, ive began the manifold repairs by firstly removing... everything.

Ive still got A/C and P/S... so you can imagine how much of a swearing ball ache it was.

I thought i was the fucking DON when i removed the charge pipe... what a piss take.. Removing the radiator is a must!

Any way, once the charge pipe was removed, the mani un-bolted from the turbo pleasently well. Along with the mani from the head. Also, it was a bit of a ball ache removing the mani with the turbo oil feed in place (un-bolted). but... can be done!

Cracksss;

crack37_800x531.jpg

You can see the exhaust sealent coming through the crack..

crack11_800x531.jpg

Previous broken brace..

crack13_800x531.jpg

Never removed/seen/touched a ct9.... or any turbo for that matter... but laughed at how small it was..

crack27_800x531.jpg

Mess...

crack5_399x600.jpg

Bay

crack.jpg

Mitch

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mitch,

Car looks great and some good mods already in the pipe line! The dyno run is a good idea to see where your starting from and to check fueling etc etc.

If you are looking for a good quality, simple, mechanical boost gauge we have some Turbosmart 52mm mechanical gauges in stock at £29.95 if you are still looking. If you follow the link below to them on Scoobyworld website you can have a gander!

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1592

Cheers

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Updaaaaate.... 11 days untill its on the road... i hope.

So, first off. Ive got another set of wheels.. :lol: But these ones im keeping ;)

SSR Firenze/RF-pro;

SSR_800x531.jpg

You may recognize the pattern... Rota copy them,called the 'clubstar'?

Next, i found a hair line crack in my mani which in hiensite wasnt really a major issue-tryed to fix it and ended up ruining it.. so. New mani was needed;

Newmaniscreamer4_800x531.jpg

Pictured, is my new screamer along with hks actuator and a Racetech mani. Can anyone sense a colour scheme?

pinkgreen_800x531.jpg

:thumbsup:

And now ive got to get this bastard back on...

pinkgreen1_800x531.jpg

Any tips?

Mitch

LOL @ the last pic, EFI pipe is nothing but a cunt....

Love the wheels but didnt Rota call them Clubstar's or do you mean the SSR's are called Speed 5's?

Nice update, mani looks sweet and love the pink hoses

Looking good Mitch loveing the colour scheme :thumbsup: To get that twat of an EFI pipe back on dont use the silly squeezey clip use a jubilee clip along with abit of WD40 and it should go on!

SSR ones are called RF-pro or firenze i think. Yeah the rotas were clubstars, silly me.

Any tips on getting the efi on? i can get the top half on... but then the bottom half gets all fucked up and goes inside the turbo :thumbsup:

Blah, im just know its going to take me 3 hours screaming, biting my knuckles and just getting stressed to get this on.

Mitch

Thanks for the kind comments.

P.s. Please ignore the cam cover.. Im still running TMIC and cba to paint it then have it covered up.

my almost brand new relocated airfilter would sort that efi pipe out :lol:

60 and its yours :thumbsup:

Ive still got A/C brother ;)

Dont really want to remove it at this point in time. Thanks though.

Mitch

Looking MINT dude!!!! B)

Loving the pink and green hoses, where did you get the Green hose from??? it looks proper bright..... :thumbsup: ;)

Ebay :D. From Hong-kong. They have autobahn 88 writen on them... but i just scraped them off before fitting. There around 5gbp for 1 metre :lol:

Wheels are awesome mate, really really liking them wheels. Always have since Mike had the Clubstars on his V.

Cheers man. Just need a good refurbish tbh and they will be sweet.

Mitch

Ebay :lol: . From Hong-kong. They have autobahn 88 writen on them... but i just scraped them off before fitting. There around 5gbp for 1 metre ;)

Mitch

Thanks dude, think im going to have to get me some of that, looks proper TOXIC green in colour :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...