Classified Section

After seeing the post on TGTT about the number or recent dodgey transactions do you guys think it would be worth while putting some sort of rules in place?

I know people hate the post count rule..but if I can stop people being scammed its worth it.

What do you guys think?

What do Admins/mods think?

What rules will be good/bad for the site?

I do like the post count idea but from experience on other forums it can cause the occasional new member to pop up and post in just about every topic for 3 hours until their post limit is reached.

Can be bloody annoying!

But, I do not know of any better way so yea........ my opinion is neutral (how helpful) :thumbsup:

Maybe someone could approve the sale thread and make a judgment from previous posts from the person.

Or maybe a price limit on parts for the first so many posts (i.e you can't sell £1000 worth of stuff if you have 20 posts, but you could sell £50)

But then, What if say someone thinks about selling their starlet puts it up for £3000... they wouldn't be able to post...?

Its a hard one, and its going to put strain on whatever you do, however its just something folk will have to live with... But its a shame to ahve to do this, hopefully people will realise why its being inforced?

CK

I do like the post count idea but from experience on other forums it can cause the occasional new member to pop up and post in just about every topic for 3 hours until their post limit is reached.

Can be bloody annoying!

But, I do not know of any better way so yea........ my opinion is neutral (how helpful) :thumbsup:

Ok then if thats the case then you are not allowed to sell things untill you have been a member for 3 month and also have a 100 posts.Then we will have chance to get to know the seller.

And also every payment should be sent through paypal as goods not a gift then you are 100% covered through paypal

i think Paypal should be the only form of payment, no bank transfers etc, and using paypal should NOT be sent as a gift.

Once the item has been sold, it is upto the seller to get the TRACKING number for the buyer within 48hours, once the rules are broken, then thats it, no more selling.

^^48 hours is a bit short i think..I sometimes find it hard to get to the post office due to work..but i see where you are coming from.

Obviously if its someone your trust any payment will be fine..just like how Idrees trusts me :thumbsup:

Its not always possible to get it sent within 48 hours, i always try to do so but sometimes find it hard to get time tbh, but my items always get there, so thats not a very good rule imo...

I think Mickey Boy should have the final desicion on who can and cant sell :thumbsup: lol

Guest ep82_girl

the problem with post counts is people will post a load of rubbish just to get to the 'magic number' so they can sell.

this shouldnt even be an issue if it werent for a few people. its a shame no-one can be trusted anymore

shame there wasnt like a safe account where money could be paid into and the seller would be notified and once the item has arrived the money would be realised to the seller.

know it would probably never work but just an idea

xx

i think Paypal should be the only form of payment, no bank transfers etc, and using paypal should NOT be sent as a gift.

Once the item has been sold, it is upto the seller to get the TRACKING number for the buyer within 48hours, once the rules are broken, then thats it, no more selling.

Even paypal is not trusted. I hate using paypal and try to avoid it. 

For instance.. my g/f sold some trainers on ebay kept the receipt etc. A month down the line the buyer makes a dispute saying he never recieved the item and no communication between. So at this point she was concerned and had a look through her feedback and saw that he left her feedback with a positive comment.

She replied back to the dispute etc and let paypal deal with it.

1 week on she phones paypal and they say that it will most likely go into the hands of the buyer. So shes like WTF. Even though shes proof of receipt and shown paypal. The missus then says that he left her positive feedback but they turned around and said "yeah but some people leave feedback before getting there item" i mean wtf whats the point of having a feedback cu**s.

So in the end the buyer won got the money back and kept the trainers.

And also if someone does try and scam you and you do make a dispute and goes to your favour you can either get whats left in there account or £0 if they taken it out quick enough. All they do is freeze there account so they cant use it.

rant over !

Its not always possible to get it sent within 48 hours, i always try to do so but sometimes find it hard to get time tbh, but my items always get there, so thats not a very good rule imo...

I think Mickey Boy should have the final desicion on who can and cant sell :thumbsup: lol

Lol ;)

Even paypal is not trusted. I hate using paypal and try to avoid it.

For instance.. my g/f sold some trainers on ebay kept the receipt etc. A month down the line the buyer makes a dispute saying he never recieved the item and no communication between. So at this point she was concerned and had a look through her feedback and saw that he left her feedback with a positive comment.

She replied back to the dispute etc and let paypal deal with it.

1 week on she phones paypal and they say that it will most likely go into the hands of the buyer. So shes like WTF. Even though shes proof of receipt and shown paypal. The missus then says that he left her positive feedback but they turned around and said "yeah but some people leave feedback before getting there item" i mean wtf whats the point of having a feedback cu**s.

So in the end the buyer won got the money back and kept the trainers.

And also if someone does try and scam you and you do make a dispute and goes to your favour you can either get whats left in there account or £0 if they taken it out quick enough. All they do is freeze there account so they cant use it.

rant over !

Thats why when you send the item off you should send it off sign for then the buyer cant come back on you cause the buyer has signed for the item

The only real way to be safe is to pick up and pay cash. That dan fella sold a few things first off and got some good feedback I beleive. Jo right as well a safe hold for funds and it don't get relesed till the item is recieved and buyer is happy but that's not going to happen. I've bought a few things now off members and none of them I've know it's just been pure honesty from the seller I e gone off plus I've looked back at privious sales and post count and length of member ship I think being a paid/donated member helps to with trust.

Thats why when you send the item off you should send it off sign for then the buyer cant come back on you cause the buyer has signed for the item

yeah but even so Paypal is suppose to be safe. The guy left feedback, we had proof of receipt that was sent. Who seriously leaves feedback before recieving the item.

paypal is just wank.

An idea that's been used on some websites is a Classifieds Feedback bar - so, similar to what TGTT has for general feedback, include a feedback rating system for classifieds transactions, it'll give a better idea of what a person is like to deal with rather than just their post count

no way that when members are signing up or even once youve become a member you could confirm an adress of the member and a contact number. not sure how to go about it but havin an address for everyone selling would help. be alot of trouble tho. suppose a mod could send them a pm asking an address and then check it against a phoen number in the phone book. give them a call and see if they know what your talking about when ya say its the starlet owners club then log the address somehwere.