this is a question that is keeping me busy for the last few months!

been staring at the corner where the efi comes of from the turbo from all angles possible but the space there is just so tight!

I first thought of routing a filter to sit it behind the headlight but the abs unit is there...

one day i will be able to answer this question and help millions!! ... wel at least a few guys on here :lol:

why lol? its using your fuel and a little bit of your power and it wieghs a ton and takes up a lot of space. for a bit of cold air? roll the window down :D

lol yeh but i remember those days in the summer where your sticking to the seat with your three quarters on, sweating like a bitch, balancing a crate of fosters scooba on yer lap, on way to a BBQ... thinking foooooookkk i wish i had air con.

:lol::pB)

lol yeh but i remember those days in the summer where your sticking to the seat with your three quarters on, sweating like a bitch, balancing a crate of fosters scooba on yer lap, on way to a BBQ... thinking foooooookkk i wish i had air con.

:lol::pB)

my point exactly!

can hardly see that tiny filter letting any amount of air in.. yes we only have 1300cc.. but isnt that really small?

i guess it could be worth a try, better than meshing the tubby i guess.

i know someone here in the netherlands had a tiny filter like that on and said he did not notice any performance change,

so i could be ok. But i would think the turbo would really have to suck harder to get the right amount of air through this filter. Anybody else wanna shed some light on this?

Good idea David! :lol:

but your right kev it does look really small i mean u will get less heat soake but no more air than standard EFI system i dont think

still would like to see the results though !

some one try it!! :lol:

But how you get en airfilter up front is still the question for me. AC is in the way.

what about butchering a original EFI pipe... *mastermind starts to work overtime*

*runs of to check something*

ok i checkd out some things... not to sure about it still..

It is important how easy the filter lets the air pass, and how much total surface the filter has.

would be best to stick one on and try it out i guess. but its a bitch to get to that spot..

and if it doesnt wrok propperly good luck on getting your stock piep back on propperly...

mesh filter would let in the air easier than foam i guess.

I think im gonna have to be the Pioner and try it out ! as u guys are all Pussys! :lol:

wont be going on till i get back from vegas in april mind so keep an eye out for this tread!

@David the link u posted is it definatly the right opening size? for the ct9?

Cut a hole in the bonnet and poke the filter straight up to it LOL!

I thought about this for ages, tried numerous fittings, bends and twists and in the end junked the aircon!

I have windows AND a sunroof so plenty of air going into the car if I need :lol:

Steve