i just wondered if anyones got a stripped out glanza that they can post pics up of im just debating wether to do mine or not as ive heard the road noise is unbearable and it takes ages etc plus mine is silver underneath which was its previous colour but duno if it will look shit :/

No worries, please at least make an attempt :rolleyes:

I have my EP91 stripped at the rear and because the chassis is hardened the road noise is amplified by a lot.

You'll also find new squeaks and noises that will suddenly appear so keep that in mind.

Its not a GREAT weight saving but every little helps in our cars as they have a decent power-to-weight ratio.

If its your first time removing the rear, with the right tools can take up to half an hour.

Its far tidier to keep the interior in. A stripped rear can also look if done right with new carpet etc.

To equalise the slight advantage GT Turbos have on us (as they are lighter) imo the best we can do is this and the CT9B.

I have pushed both cars and the GT was obviously the lighter of the two.

Joz

No worries, please at least make an attempt :rolleyes:

I have my EP91 stripped at the rear and because the chassis is hardened the road noise is amplified by a lot.

You'll also find new squeaks and noises that will suddenly appear so keep that in mind.

Its not a GREAT weight saving but every little helps in our cars as they have a decent power-to-weight ratio.

If its your first time removing the rear, with the right tools can take up to half an hour.

Its far tidier to keep the interior in. A stripped rear can also look if done right with new carpet etc.

To equalise the slight advantage GT Turbos have on us (as they are lighter) imo the best we can do is this and the CT9B.

I have pushed both cars and the GT was obviously the lighter of the two.

Joz

ive seen some stripped out cars with the sound deadening material lined throughout the back, would this be a good idea maybe as it would get rid of the silver floor to??

As long as its in half decent nick it should look nice stripped, mine is totally stripped, i am lucky because i found out it was in great condition underneath everything, a friend of mine considered stripping his, but his is manky underneath as its a uk shell thats had an engine swap

here's a pic of mine

DSC06334.jpg

yer thats what i meen its prob guna look horrible with a silver flooring which is why maybe i thought about laying down that sound deadening stuff which would help with the noise and conquer the manky looking problem??

ive seen some stripped out cars with the sound deadening material lined throughout the back, would this be a good idea maybe as it would get rid of the silver floor to??

Of course it'd be a good idea :rolleyes: Would work both ways as new carpet and to minimise the road noise. Would be a little pricey tho.

Joz

I stripped my SR a few weeks ago, best thing i have done to the car.

Love the noise, if the passenger moans i tell them to get out and walk :lol:

Also people are like "Can you give us a lift..", ermm only got one seat sorry :rolleyes:

if u where nearer to me id have fitted some carpet for in it for u but your miles away.

i could maybe order u a bit of the carpet in any colour from my supllier that i used for mine tho but itd cost a lot to deliver it plus ued need to get it fitted as its not an easy job

front.jpg

rear.jpg

newshoot016.jpg

that looks very plush :lol: lol yer i like the carpet but wana go for the more stripped out look think im guna rip the back seats out see what its like and if its shitty underneath get sum of that sound deadening stuff n lay that down, reckon it will do the trick??

i thought you'd only really stip it if you were going silly on the power like much love to gaz and his ep85 what a weapon i mean stipping make sense there but i wouldnt wanna strip out anything not running a Td...something, but just my opion :lol:

Just a thought:

Surely handling must be adversely affected by pushing the weight distribution further forward? I know you can overcome this with good suspension set-up but in general must make the car a little tail light

Its wank having it stripped on a daily driver......had mine stripped for a good 6 month and it drove me mental, you will hear everything.

Put the interior back and it was like driving a different car, felt so much more refined and nicer to drive. Performance felt no different, infact it felt more balanced with the interior in.

Just my 2p but id say try it and see what works for you.