Temped To Sell Up

I've been offered a mint Astra Nurburgring edition for a bargain price so i'm considering selling up the Glanza and getting it.

I love the V and its never missed a beat and its such a hoot to drive but I fancy something a little more refined than the V now.

Anyone else moved from a V to a VXR?

Do you regret it or what.

I know I like the VXR's as a couple of my friends have them (one is a 320hp VXRacing one) and they are lush but still satisfy my speed fetish.

Comments pls

Steve

I'm sorry but there is no way i would ever sell a Glanza for a Vauxhall unless it was a Monaro VXR, I've driven a customers Astra VXR and the interior is crap, they drive... Like an Astra with more power, And also My mate's one understeer like a right bitch

It's up to you though of course, You may really like it but personally i would keep the glanza :blink:

I'm sorry but there is no way i would ever sell a Glanza for a Vauxhall unless it was a Monaro VXR, I've driven a customers Astra VXR and the interior is crap, they drive... Like an Astra with more power, And also My mate's one understeer like a right bitch

But they sound nice I'll give them that lol

It's up to you though of course, You may really like it but personally i would keep the glanza :)

@gtr-r33 cant really use the fact they understeer as a downside compared to a starlet lol. starlet isnt very good handling wise either :blink:

id quite like one but id still want my car also :)

Lol he we go again what's best a Glanza or Astra VXR :blink:

My mate has a Astra vxr nurburgring its a very nice car it pulls the pussy in lol

but its a shame my 200bhp V showed him right up last summer, up to 130mph then he pulled away from me only just though.

Like dave has said if you can afford it then why not :) good luck Steve i hope you make the right choice mate

and as said above the remus exhaust system sounds unreal

Are we talking standard glanza or highly tuned because if its standard then you would be off your head to choose it over the astra vxr

vxr nurburgrings arent that bad are they lol. have about 260-265 bhp so theyve got enough grunt

driven 3 different astra VXRs and loved the drive but i like vauxhalls but like jap better if i had the money i'd prob 5e and td0(what) the glanza and keep it for eva and just drive my bros vxr when i want to be bored. lol

As much as I think the new VXR Astra's are ok, I wouldn't go about selling a V.

I have raced my mates Astra VXR and all I can say is WOW up to like a ton, obviously. But fuck me the inside of such a new car it's horrendous.

Thanks for the comments folks.

My V's not quite standard

Got Coilovers, Mani, FMIC, Leads & Plugs and a few other bits so standardish but not massivly tuned.

I've got new brakes, recaro seats and a fpr and fcd to put in to up the boost slightly but I just feel like i'm drilling money into an older car that i'll not get back when I could buy the Burg which already has good power and the Remus, add the CDTi airbox and the Dreamscience Map and it will make it 300hp then add the LSD as when you get to 300hp thru the front wheels they need it.

People who say that the Burg torque steers too much either cant drive or listen to Clarkson too much! :blink: I've seen and driven one hard and its no worse than a Starlet.

Steve

you only get torque steer when you let go off the steering!

IF you are gripping it then no way will the car start turning itself, unless you are unable to keep hold of the steering wheel for what ever reason?

I love the look and sound of them tbh but the interior is just gash.

Good pulling car but if your as good looking as me you could pull in a robin reliant :blink: jokes.

AaronW I think his username is used to have one

I love the look and sound of them tbh but the interior is just gash.

Good pulling car but if your as good looking as me you could pull in a robin reliant :blink: jokes.

AaronW I think his username is used to have one

Pulling car!? lol!

I'm Married!

My mates got a chipped nurburg vxr running 302bhp. Ive borrowed it a couple times when shes been away on holiday an stuff for a week or two.

I can honestly say, Id have my glanza. The astra sounds mint! that exhaust oh my it really does make it sound so good, thats where the dream ends. lol

id pick the glanza every time mate honestly