Help With Insurance :(

Gooood morning people :lol:

Basically i gt an insurance quote couple of weeks back as a named driver on mommys Lol for £1900 so i decided to sell up and start looking 2 grab myself a glanza v :rolleyes:

I them sell my car,find a nice glanza them i check again and now its like £2800 ;) WTF!

18 (n half)

Driving as named for a year

Moms got 10ncb

Does anyone no any insurance that might do me a good deal?

Or is anyone simular to my age insured?

And no i dont want to insure it as a non turbo.

Thanks

Matt

I'd wait until you turn 19 and go on your own name personally.

While going on your Mum's insurance you will be saving yourself a few quid admittedly, however in the future you will realise how important NCB are to insurance. You won't have this as you've been down as a named driver.

You won't get a good deal, as noone will want to touch you with a bargepole, when I was 19 I paid £2500 on my own name.

You think that's bad, I'm the same age as you, 1 year NCB, and last year I was paying near £1500 for my N/A, bought another one and done some quotes, now I'm getting quotes of 1700-2500!

thanks for reminding me of the good points of being old :rolleyes:

Im afraid its as Bildo has said, well worth getting your own insurance set up. will pay off in the long run, trust me im a old man that knows :lol: well, 27, old enough ;)

I want to grab a glanza v but from what ive herd a EP82 GT are cheaper to insure for some reason :lol: So that might be my only way to get on the road with a turbo ;) Owwww, But ive got to say i do love the GT TOMS Kit ;)

Whats the best way to haggle insures down ?

:rolleyes:

Whats the best way to haggle insures down ?

Play them off against one another :rolleyes: get a quote from one and then go to the next, if they are higher then tell them you have found it cheaper and see if they can beat it? if they can go back to the other company and tell them you have it cheaper and can they beat it............and so on. may work to a degree but because of your age i think they will be reluctant to go any lower. worth a try!

What are the best companies to insure me? and ill give them a ring now :rolleyes:

Sorry dude, don't know about that one. im sure some others will help out. I don't have a Glanza/GT. My lex is insured with SKY insurance but i don't know what they are like for young drivers? and the kitcar will be insured with Adrian Flux.

Either just start trying a few companies or see if anyone else can help??? :lol:

What are the best companies to insure me? and ill give them a ring now :rolleyes:

bell insurance is wicked u can get insured as policyholder put your mum and dad as named drivers raise your excess to 500 and your sorted mate im 20 and am insured for 1700 1ynccb but declaring all mods that will be undertaken im with adrian flux good for mods but expensive tell em your member of owners clubs and that your car is your pride and joy and that you wouldn want to jepordise your liscence or the car if it still aint good ask speak to supervisor

bell insurance is wicked u can get insured as policyholder put your mum and dad as named drivers raise your excess to 500 and your sorted mate im 20 and am insured for 1700 1ynccb but declaring all mods that will be undertaken im with adrian flux good for mods but expensive tell em your member of owners clubs and that your car is your pride and joy and that you wouldn want to jepordise your liscence or the car if it still aint good ask speak to supervisor

I just spoke to Bell they dont insure the Glanza V only the glanza S :rolleyes: WTF :lol:

I was looking for insurance on a Glanza for about 3 months and went to so many company's you wouldn't believe, and They all said the same to me that i won't get insurance until im 21 unless im willing to pay way over £2000 so i gave up and got a GT, Which i glad about as there better then Glanza's! :rolleyes: lol

I feel like a bum now :rolleyes: not looking gud at all

FFS INSURANCE :lol:

Bad times...

dude im in your boat! i lived in scotland. bought my gt as soon as i turned 18. got insurance desperately at 2500.. never sent them details silly me. moved too wales. phoned em up after they sent a letter too my old house sayin they were ognna cancell it. told them my situation etc so theyt gave me a new quote. 1800 pound 18 license for 7 months . 0ncb. named driving experience.. then told them about my moved n he said o sorry sir your new quote is 3200!!!!!!!!!!! had too go along with it as didnt wanna cancel as he said ill only have 848 pound back even though i had paid 2500 all at once. so im iun your boat! feels soo shit ;)