...a standard one!

I have just recently passed my test at 23 and bought my Glanza last November time I believe it was, so obviously this is my first car and coming from a car orientated back ground (My dad is a 50 odd year old nutter), obviously I couldn't go for your regular Ford Fiesta or Nissan Micra.. So after looking at anything and everything, I decided to go for a Glanza.. Few reasons really, I wanted something quick, relatively economical and the most important thing.. Insurable! I looked around for a good number of months trying to find a relatively standard, if not standard example with sensible mileage and very good condition because I was always brought up to be proud of cars. Eventually I found one on this very forum, went to view it and parted with the most ammount of money I ever have done in one go!

I want to keep the car as standard as possible although I have ordered a HID kit which it desperately needs I have just installed a standard option 3-point strut brace and I am on the look out for some standard 14" alloys.. Oh but I do want some coil overs, anti roll bar and an exhaust. I've also had the car fully under sealed.

StarletGlanzaV006.jpg

StarletGlanzaV012.jpg

StarletGlanzaV005.jpg

StarletGlanzaV008.jpg

StarletGlanzaV011.jpg

StarletGlanzaV012.jpg

StarletGlanzaV002.jpg

StarletGlanzaV014.jpg

There are a few more pics here: click.

• 2 months later...

Just a very quick update, till I can properly clean and take some pictures of my car! I've just put on a set of Yaris T-Sport wheels, painted in antracite and a brand new set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. The cars abit dirty so please excuse that, another member wanted to see what it looked like so I thought I'd just do a quick one.

I would like to get the wheels re-painted but I didn't really have time to do that as one of my old tyres had umpteen nails and puncture repairs in it so I had to get them on, I also now need to paint my calipers! Still, I think it looks alot better :).

T-Sport-Wheels.jpg

I just read about that 10 minutes ago, will definetely consider going depending on what I'm doing nearer the time!.

Definetely does need lowering although I knew it would anyway, hopefully if I get my credit card approoved I'll be buying a set of Miester Zeta-R's in a week or so.. Definetely needs them!

Looking good, will be sweet slammed on Meister's :p

Can I ask what camera you used to take the pics, they look really sharp! :p

I've got a VERY old Sony DSC-W15, its ancient now.. Could do with replacing but its not bad. It helps balancing them, resizing and sharpening in Photoshop though.

anup67: I paid £100 for the full set of wheels, locking nuts, standard nuts but without tyres. Wheels are in good condition, no kerbing or major marks but just a few bits of missing paint. I think I got a fairly good deal on them and I just bought a complete set of Rainsport 2's for them off of Ebay :).

Just given my Glanza a quick wash after work! I do like the wheels but I desperately want to get them re-painted, they're not quite up to my standard.. On the upside I got approoved for a new flexible friend, hello Miester R's :).

StarletGlanzaV020.jpg

StarletGlanzaV019.jpg

StarletGlanzaV021.jpg

StarletGlanzaV023.jpg

StarletGlanzaV022.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I knew it wouldn't be long until I had a set of coilies, had these delivered today after Interlink being a bunch of tards last week and not getting them for me till today :). I am dying to get them fitted, got to pick a set of axle stands up tomorrow to help in fitting and hopefully come Thursday I can have a go at fitting them! Can't wait to get the car lowered, looks naff after the T-Sport wheel went on.

Still got loads of stuff to do, going to try and order up some new headlights this month, new front emblem, new original rear quater stickers and I might even see if I can afford a rear anti roll bar and anti lift kit.. I've also got a set of HID's that have been lay around at home waiting for new head lights. I also want some body work doing still and an exhaust is the next major thing!

Pics

StarletGlanzaV026.jpg

StarletGlanzaV025.jpg