I got the car in october

The previous owner said that the oil had only just brrn changed

Dont think so as the oil filter was so full of shit

Got all new stuff going on

Might as well fit my sandwitch plate so i can finaly get my oil pressure gaugr to work.

This will need a slight chop to avoid the power steering bracket.

Will also be giving the engine bay a good clean while its all in bits.

Finally getting the air con off the car ( didn't work anyway)

Got the smaller belt from TMD

Doing the timing belt as well

Cars getting a good well deserved service.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people insist on giving crap advice? There are numerous reasons that this may be occouring before you suggest something like that.

Hopefully it's something simple mate, have you got a FMIC? I have thought my piping was all fine sometimes and it had popped out ever so slightly which was causing a similar scenario.

dildo your avator iz sexy girl. i like. helps me keep fit.

Boost is back

Car is all back together.

Nice new oil & antifreeze

Think it was just bad oil

Good job i didn't drive it when the boost went, Could of kill the turbo ompletly.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Took a while

But at least i now know how to do future work on the engine.

Now the air con has gone i now have a big space to relocate the air filter.

Is it a 40mm elbow that i will need to connect to the turbo ?

just keep a very close eye on it mate, hopfully there is no bearing and shaft damage.

the problem is the internal oil feeds in the housing and bearings are very small and easily clogged, hopefully running the new oil through and proper maintanance will clear it all out. and its also a point to mention a rebuild now is gonna be so much cheaper now (around 180) compared to a full repair on a dead turbo (450ish) so depending on funds and your level of concern it might be worth looking at

It was the advice from all you guys that helped me get it fixed.

just keep a very close eye on it mate, hopfully there is no bearing and shaft damage.

the problem is the internal oil feeds in the housing and bearings are very small and easily clogged, hopefully running the new oil through and proper maintanance will clear it all out. and its also a point to mention a rebuild now is gonna be so much cheaper now (around 180) compared to a full repair on a dead turbo (450ish) so depending on funds and your level of concern it might be worth looking at

I also noticed that the wastegate has two small cracks inside :lol:

I will be taking it easy for a while & keeping an eye out for any leaks (not at the moment)

I will be saving my cash for a TD04 setup.

Whats the average cost if i go TD04 ?

If you are short of funds at the min your best bet would be to buy another stock actuator and see if it still dose the same to try and narrow things down abit then when you have the cash treat your self to a HKS one

All the intercooler pipes are done up tight.

When you rev the car you can only just hear the dump valve , so there is some pressure there.

I will replace all the vac pipes in the morning as i have some spare.

Also when you rev the car & manually open the wastegate with a long screwdriver the turbo will not spool !