• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i really cant wait to get it finished i miss driving it lol. it'll be worth it in the end. jus need my oil pump and 1.2mm head gasket then start saving for a big turbo kit.hows things going with your gt dude?

Alan

Yeah you do miss the boost dont you.

Good plan though, might aswel do all the work at once. Keep the pics coming

Oh big turbo, nice.

Aye its going good ta, got the front discs ordered up so should be a rolling chassis again by the end of next week

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

well boys and girls work on my bros car has well and truly underway

yesterday we got the engine out and completly stripped down and my god the inside of the engine is minty fresh looks like a new engine

today the head and block and sump were washed out and today the block got sent off to get bored out.

when we took the gear box off we got a nice supprise light waight flywheel trd 3 paddle race clutch jobbie which is mint joins the rest of the trd goddies inside the gaerbox trd diff and trd lower final drive the crank looks like it has been lightened aswell which is sweet

will get pics of the carnage later and post them up

joel

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick progress update. the block is back rebored, honed and decked, cranks been reground and polished. then the bottom end went and got lightened and balanced. the block sump, head and rocker cover have been painted will get pics up later.

the rebuild starts this weekend.

Theres still loads of parts to arrive once there here i'll get the pics up for you's all to see.

Alan

• 5 weeks later...

some more pics of the engine build, got the head back from getting ported and polished.

now for the pics

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

Then i seen these on a local forum and had to have them and they where very cheap as well which is a bonus :)

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1099.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

DSCF1098.jpg

Alan

from what i gather from my brother he will be using the toms alloys for track and drag wheels and the sexual trd sport alloys will be his road and show wheels.

but im sure he will clear it all up later.

joel

the toms wheels will be my drag and race wheels just couldnt face destroying the trds when i have a misshap on track,

The next big question is who nows the paint code for cruise pink? are even the email address, long shoot i no but worth a try lol

Alan