Sorry about it being in the Wrong section but wanted people to read it quick and i think most people read stuff in this section more then others i may be wrong lol

Right just out waxoyling my car and Discover something abit weird,

Now before you say i can exclude the idea of curbing already as i would know if i had curb the Tyre, and were it has worn is to low on the Tyre to be the part to hit a curb,

These are Toyo Proxes T1-R's

Anyway as i said I'm waxoyling my car at the minute went to do the Seals and look at my Of side Rear Tyre, It looks as if it's been seriously rubbing on something...

It's like this all the way around the sidewall

10042010304-1.jpg

But i haven't curb them at all and the damage is almost on the join between the side wall and the contact area which wouldn't hit the curb first if i had curb them it would be the Rim protector that would hit the curb first, And with the camber of the road surface it would be impossible to damage that part of the Tyre without damaging the rim

I've heard some people saying that the Toyo Proxes have quite abit of flex in the sidewalls if you have a big profile (in my case 50 profile) but surely it wouldn't do this to the Tyre would it ?

Do your tyres poke? my rota rbs are 8" wide, plus spacers, with stretched tyres and with coilies wound down i had the same problem with pot holes etc, looks like the tyres are scrubbing on the arch to me, get the arches rolled, if this isnt your problem im not sure what it'll be but im sure someone on here will :)

rubbing on arch matey, mine did it and so did my mates. drivers rear side.

higher her up abit, but i would advice to change the tyre as mine started to peel even further back and i heard the police dont like it

Right haha feel like abit of a twat now, I took the wheel of and looked up into the arch and it has been scrubbing but i couldn't see without taking the wheel off!

Bit annoyed to be honest as now i've got to buy a brand new tyre again and this one has only done 500miles :p

Stiffen it up, or get an adjustable panhard rod, it must of lowered it by quite a bit because my n/a never used to scrub on the back and that was low, and I had 16s at one point

Ye i new the axle kicked over to one side without the adjustable panard rod but i cannot justify spending £100 for a rod just because my axle is about 1cm to one side i will do eventually but for now i'm just going to raise the back up a touch :thumbsup:

Me being tight at the moment as saving to start a business in a year or 2 haha