Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just after reading the 23 pages, great build and keep up the good work

X2, Coming along nicely mate. (Works quiet at the moment :D)

On a side note, these brackets :

Photo0216.jpg

I work in a Engineering firm and could knock stuff like this up in spare time, just wandering if anyone else would need some, or infact anything similar etc? Don't know if there's already a service like this, just seeing what's about really. (sorry to post it in your thread, just thought it would be easier!)

• 2 weeks later...

Small update

spoke to chris lastnight

Engines nearly all done. had a stage 2 port on it too as well as all new parts (non internal) so happy with it

next steps picking it up and getting it home and put back in :lol:

your head gasket wasnt broke? lots of things werent broke.. your rebuilding it... so may as well...

im gonna hate to say "i told you so" when it starts knocking, then its new crank, bearings, rods etc :lol:

for sake of £30 please please change them!

Got to agree with socks mate ;) one of the weakest parts of the 4efte!

What sort of milage has the engine done mate? mine had done about 70k when mine went aswell as my mates whos bottom end went recently at same sort of milage.

I would do it now dude if it was me as it will be a pain later on down the line.

Just my 2p mate :lol:

i see your point but as my dad said (with 30 years mechanical knowledge behind him) theres no point disturbing bottom end if everythings fine. if it isnt broke no point disturbing it :lol:

but u havent even checked it.. if u take the shells out and there down to the copper it aint gonna last much more the 4-5k dude :/

get them changed, uve got to re-seal sump anyway... cus it was leaking.

£30 now is better then several hundred later!

sumps already been re-sealed

oh and it wasnt leaking i found the problem with the leak you know where it was????

and dont worry its covered :lol:

oh the turbo return i forgot... ricky lee one should sort that!

but seriously... do the shells, or you will regret it when it starts knocking...

remember your going to be running more boost through a bigger turbo as well dude! All more stress!

too much of a fuk about at the min mate

i know i should do it im always having this argument with socks. the bottom ends fine for now as it is lol just want to get her back on the road for now and worry about the rest later lol

Steve

Seriously seen this done many times, please do the bottom end, the top is "New" and the bottom is now "OLD" and the new will put strain on to the old!!!!!!!

I know you want it up an running and completly understand why but do the above post from Iddy^^^^^^

John

its in the pipeline dont worry

just not yet

as i keep telling matt when he's going on at me im not stupid i do know it should be done

its just not getting done yet lol im totally skint got no car at all i need this car back on the road asap before anything else is getting done to it lol

£30... and an hour.... is all u need! sorry but if u cant afford that u shudnt have the car at all ^_^

if the shells go and it starts knocking... bits of metal will get into the oil and then it could shag your turbo, oil pump the lot! its just not worth it :/

u will need to get urself a new ecu aswell, im keeping urs now ha ha ha

hahaha yeah right give me 500 for it and you can keep it lol

wont need it back for a while now anyway so you can keep it for now danny