Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

Right boys and girls the day has finially come thank god. So here is my new build thread....

well finished a 12 hour night shift at work and jumped straight into socks's glanza and we set off for a very long journey to andover in hampshire (sat nav said 4 hours arrival) which was a ball ache but was prepared to go anywhere for one lol.

Quick stop off in the services before hitting the motoway:

Photo0099.jpg

Got a sneaky shot without him seeing :D :

Photo0100.jpg

Hit the motoway and spotted this little bad boy:

Photo0101.jpg

Well finially got there and here she was:

Photo0102.jpg

Had a damm good test drive and well mechanically she was awesome. bit of smoke when she was first struck up but that was understandable cause she had hardly been driven in the last year. got onto the dual carriageway and opened up the taps. the boost was so nice it had been too long :p i immediatly thought wow i want this so bad haha

well after a good look round it immediatly bacame obvious that this car was not well looked after at all. he told us it had not been washed or polished in about a year. the front drivers arch was crumpled, the bumper had horrible mesh in it. few cracks on front and rear bumper. the odd scuff and scrape here and there but this wasnt an issue to me it was a white gt and thats all i wanted lol. so i payed him the money and we set off for mackies cause we were bloody starving

in the car park we saw a great corsa that seriously needs to go in the barryboys section just for the exhaust and i couldnt resist but take a picture:

Photo0103.jpg

Thought it was a good idea to check the oil level properly and there wasnt much in it at all so that was soon chenged:

Photo0105.jpg

Couldnt resist taking a quick pic of mine and socks's starbo's together too:

Photo0104.jpg

And a quick motoway snap:

Photo0106.jpg

Finially arrived home and we were both knackered it had been a long day lol but had too take another picture:

Photo0107.jpg

They look rather nice together i think :D

Heres a few pics of the general shitty condition she was in:

Bumper

Photo0108.jpg

Foglight

Photo0110.jpg

Exhaust

Photo0111.jpg

Wheels

Photo0112.jpg

Front fogs

Photo0114.jpg

Gauges and turbotimer

Photo0115.jpg

Engine bay

Photo0118.jpg

Battered intercooler

Photo0120.jpg

Rusty strut brace

Photo0121.jpg

And yes that is a sock as an air filter lol old school or what :D

Photo0122.jpg

well its really not been looked after at all but as you know from my black gt i just love buying bad conditioned starbos and bringing them back to full health its much more satisfying

Good points: mechanically it seems sound. it really boosts well and theres no knocking or banging from anywhere

it has a blitz turbo timer too

the interior is in mint condition no scuffs or fag burns etc

and ofcourse its white-ish lol

Bad points: Bodywork aint good at all needs a lot of tlc

Crappy universal exhaust badly welded on

Gash foglight

Wheels really need refurbing

horrible chavvy savage gauges not wired up properly

horrible universal foglights

drivers window motor not working

crap baileys dumpvalve

intercoolers battered and has no cover

engine bay looks a mess

wheels wrong offset need spacers

all get sorted soon

well im deadly happy with it for now more updated coming when i can get photobucket to work again but hope you enjoy reading this guys and look forward to your comments

finially big thankyou to socks too thats what mates are for and a thankyou to socks's glanza too it got me down there great (even if it did rob me of £80 in fuel :) )

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice 1 mate welcome back to boost!

glad you found a white 1 i thought u wer gonna give up and buy another black 1 lol

looks good mate not as bad as your makin out, im sure ull spruce it up.

looking forward to seeing what u do with it

get those chavage guages out tho lol

***UPDATE***

well first job was a bit of weight saving. the air con had already been removed so that saved me a job. first thing ofcourse then was backseats

Photo0116.jpg

Much better :) then i cracked on and removed that gay rear fog

Photo0117.jpg

Next i thought id put a bit of colour in the engine bay so found my sexual JD tuning panel and fitted it right away. i also got my old strut brace out and changed it cause the one on it was horrible and rusty:

Photo0123.jpg

Coilovers went on aswell cause the shocks looked about buggered

Photo0129.jpg

Socks also helped me out with investigating the window not moving and after stripping the door we found out i need a new window motor so thats one of the first things il get when pay day comes

Photo0124.jpg

I also ripped the crap mesh off the bumper and pulled out the foglights too cause they just looked horrible. Found out too that the front speakers wernt working so gna put some fusions in soon.

well next job was the wheeld. i pretty much cracked on with the coilovers and other bits and left socks to this as hes awesome with spray tins. he very kindly autosoled the chrome lip on the wheels that were on it the masked them off ready to spray

Photo0126.jpg

Let the spraying begin

Photo0127.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Well 2 or 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of spray and 2 coats of laquer later they were ready. There was some spray left over so my brother got bored and very geniously did this

Photo0131.jpg

Well last thing i did was give her a damm good wash cause most places were turning green (especially in the little cracks inbetween panels etc) gave her a damm good wash and unfortunatly it was getting dark so didnt have time for a good t-cut but thats tomorrows job. finially put the wheels back on as theyd set nicely due to the very warm weather and heres how the end of day one had finished.

Im my opinion such a huge transformation already and deffiniatly a step in the right direction

27001_375393064425_566244425_377732.jpg

27001_375393059425_566244425_377732.jpg

Im in love with the wheels thanks again socks your like banksy with a spray can :p

Opinions welcome as ever

Sounds like you had a good trip :)

Good luck with the build.

Craig

Cheers dude and yeah two starlets on the motoway for 4 hours was very fun indeed

You have some work ahead of you bud :D

You will make her brand new again anyway :p

cheers luke i will indeed :D

we've been working like fook past 2 days! as steve said wen photobucket is live again you'll see some changes :D

Haha major changes dude your spraying skills have done me proud

nice 1 dude wel happy u got another gt cnt wait to see wat she will look like wen your dun B)

Me neither big plans ahead

eventually you got one.

get her sorted out.

cheers mate still wanted yours though :D

oh yeah before i forget the coilovers will be wound down a bit lower eventually but the wheels are the wrong offset and rubbing so need some spacers soon then it will be slammed :)

damm it keep forgetting things weve done so much in such a little time. as you can see from pics above the window tints have been removed also and them not so good stickers have also been taken off the window

the gash "powered by hks" stickers are also coming off the door tomorrow too

nice man, happy to see you back in a starlet :) You've done more work on it in one day then i have in half a year lol.

Good luck with it mate, Be carefull when you turn right lol