Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well after finding out that a member on here (GILLY) was a previous owner down the line of the GT i decided to do some research

so i did some snooping through his photobucket and was amazed when i found 48 photos of what the car used to look like many years ago

so thanks to gilly for his permission to post these i thought it was a good idea to show a small selection of these as its good to know your cars history and thought it was good to show everyone that it WAS looked after at one point.....kinda a shame he dint still have it and sell it to me cause it would have been in much better condition

here we go....

S3010002.jpg

S3010003.jpg

S3010005.jpg

S3010006.jpg

S3010007.jpg

S3010023.jpg

S3010043.jpg

S3010067.jpg

such a shame it fell into the wrong hands after this....

Ahhhh I recognise it now, I nearly bought it but the owner at the time was so full of shite it was unbelievable, tried tellin me it was 174hp or something and it was pretty stock mind, plus it was supposed to be on TRD coilovers blah blah blah, and wanted more money than what I paid for my GT. Tosser B)

Anyway glad to see her going back to her former glory B)

haha was this owner the one i got it from??

haha 174bhp my arse the only mod was an awesome air filter disguised as a sock B)

oh and trd coilies??? i wish but it was lower than standard so i thought it was on lowering springs....till i looked at the rear shocks and they were pissing fluid out ;) haha nail.....well it was B)

my parts have started to come through :)

the cd player mounting brackets have come aswell as these

100_0122.jpg

Still waiting a lot though :D desperatly need this electric window motor to come now lol glass stabalised with a block off wood really isnt practical haha wouldnt mind this relocation kit and filter to come either the Sock isnt exactly nice to look at. especially as Socks keeps using it to check oil with B) its now white anymore lmao

Another update want to crack on with as much as i can while i have a few days off work

got the CD player and cupholders fitted

100_0123.jpg

Also today im going to get these fitted

100_0124.jpg

and while im at it sort out all them dodgy wires that the last person had put in for them crappy savage gauges and get these bad boy racetech gauges piped and wired in :)

100_0130.jpg

100_0129.jpg

:D ive seen those cupholder things on eBay, i was seriously thinkin of gettin it!

looks good man

payday :D

do it dude there really good actually fit into the space snugly B) and yeah woop payday cant wait :D

looking good steve, uv done your wee motor proud

should look much better with the front mount in that gaping hole!

cant wait mate the front mount will fill the hole nicely

I brought the same cup holder of eGay to find out it had been previously used :)

I would of sold it you for chips.

you fail why didnt you tell me haha ahhh well was only 14 quid anyway

got another update coming soon im busy working on more little bits as we speak :D

well final update of the day

quite happy with todays progress to be honest.

well i decided to get the new fusion speakers wired in which went in a treat. while having the drivers panel off i tackled all the wires put in to wire them gay savage gauges in. it was a mess.

quick pic

100_0132.jpg

I also decided to relocate the turbo timer which was on top of the dash so removed it and was left with this nice mess B)

100_0134.jpg

Tie wrapped all the cables together and it looked much better

100_0133.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Tomorrows plan is to get the gauges all wired up to light up and also the boost gauge piped in and working. cant be arsed to do the oil pressure gauge yet as manifold and cat etc need to come off so il just feed the pipes in and hide them for now. Then get the double gauge pod bonded onto the a-pillar :)

plus if any of my deliveries come il get them fitted too hopefully