Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha your swaying towards a GT already haha :( but yeah the lightness does make a difference. a few weeks ago when i got mine i had a little race with socks in his glanza when it was well modded all stage 1 mods but standard boost. off the line my GT (Totally standard) Leapt off the line into the lead B) but as soon as i hit 3rd woooooooosh he was gone lol but im pretty dam sure that was the weight advantage kicking in

couldnt do that now though haha its much quicker :(

Right plans for today

first im going to plug the Mines ECU in which should make a huge difference

then i think it would be wise to put the magnecore leads and iridium plugs on too

then I've had a good idea to why its not boosting properly. i was convinced it was the standard actuator wasnt holding the boost properly, WHICH it still might be but I've had a thought. The dump valves held onto the pipe by one of those spring clips that you get off with plyers so hopefully these dont hold boost and might be leaking so i might go buy a jubilee clip for it and HOPE that solves the problem. if so problem solved. if not a HKS one should do it :(

updates will be put up later B)

haha your swaying towards a GT already haha :( but yeah the lightness does make a difference. a few weeks ago when i got mine i had a little race with socks in his glanza when it was well modded all stage 1 mods but standard boost. off the line my GT (Totally standard) Leapt off the line into the lead B) but as soon as i hit 3rd woooooooosh he was gone lol but im pretty dam sure that was the weight advantage kicking in

couldnt do that now though haha its much quicker :(

i was wheelspinning in 1st... my clutch is all or nothing lol

Right plans for today

first im going to plug the Mines ECU in which should make a huge difference

then i think it would be wise to put the magnecore leads and iridium plugs on too

then I've had a good idea to why its not boosting properly. i was convinced it was the standard actuator wasnt holding the boost properly, WHICH it still might be but I've had a thought. The dump valves held onto the pipe by one of those spring clips that you get off with plyers so hopefully these dont hold boost and might be leaking so i might go buy a jubilee clip for it and HOPE that solves the problem. if so problem solved. if not a HKS one should do it :(

updates will be put up later B)

Get it done Steve!!!!! That ECU should make a big difference :( and get a HKS actuator on order as well, i have one sat here just doing nothing in my big box of bits! Actually pains me seeing all these parts lying here doing nothing! I could probably make a whole GT with these parts........... :o

Let us know what the ECU is like mate B)

cheers will do jase haha just a money problem at the min the intercooler and ecu came to nearly £800 and i have a house to run as well. not easy at 21 lol only one wage coming in haha

you havnt got a spare HKS actuator lying around anywhere have you haha would be nice :(

cheers will do jase haha just a money problem at the min the intercooler and ecu came to nearly £800 and i have a house to run as well. not easy at 21 lol only one wage coming in haha

you havnt got a spare HKS actuator lying around anywhere have you haha would be nice :(

Know about the money, i budget about £200-300 a month spending on the Demon, usually go over that though. Although there are not many more expensive parts i need, hopefully!

sorry Steve, the HKS actuator i have isn't like your breeding fuel pump you had B)

quick update

well my battery brace has arrived so put that on straight away

Photo0167.jpg

Much better :(

also as planned i got some new Jubilee clips for the Dumpvalve incase the spring clips were the cause of the boost problem

Photo0168.jpg

Unfortunatly that didnt cure it so looks like it is the actuator

which might make sense why my Blitz B.O.V wasnt working when on the car. the baileys ones in my opinion are really loose and farting through it would set it off and the Blitz ones are probably designed for more boost and have stiffer springs. so hopefully getting the actuator sorted and sorting the boost out might make that work again.

I HAVE NO MONEY AT ALL AND IM DOING THIS

Photo0169.jpg

as you can see im on Monster motosports website and the mouse is hovering over the buy button. Im not too sure if i want to click it what does everyone suggest?

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY???? B)

yeh there really noisy in a good way but it sounds like fake boost not POWER BOOST

MINES ECU is on :(B):( took it for a quick drive and the difference is nice already. such a shame its not at its full potential yet cause of the actuator but ahhh well patience is a vertue :o

was gna do the plugs and leads but its raining now so cant B)

having trouble with boost matey got a crap actuator on it but will let you know in the next few days when i get an uprated one put on it lol :(

but the ECU is brilliant. even with shite boost its quicker and more responsive. it also burbles like my black gt did when you tap the accelerator in idle B) niiiiiiice

yes thats true from what i remember from my blitz but thats good for 3 reasons mate

1) They burble nicely in low revs and idle which is sweet and

2) Slight overfuelings never hurt anyone before and i do mean ONLY SLIGHT. Finially

3) Overfuelling slightly= Flamage. My black GT used to flame under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd if you gave it some

socks was behind me one night in his Zetec S and it nearly blinded him :(

3 very good reasons to fit it there dude. My god i should be a Plug and play ECU salesman haha im always preaching them lol

woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo just got confirmation from socks my actuator has arrived at his shop B) that was reet quick service B)

fitting that today muahahahahaha

Good Lad! B) I hope it sorts all the problems out Steve, should be a right little beast now B)

This GT has come such a long way in such a short time, well done for bringing it back from the dead! You really are MJ, started off black, then went white, now come back from the dead like Thriller!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: