Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

right now thats over what a bloody day. EVERYTHING has gone wrong today. been on it since 9 o clock and only just finished. Well i started to fit my front mount intercooler and started with the hot pipe first problem. it would not go on at all. took the filter relocation kit off still not fitting. moved all the bulky electric cable protectors that were in the way near the headlight and guess what STILL wouldnt line up right. I had to move the whole powersteering solid pipe right near the pump which was stiff as hell and finially it gave in. next problem. fitting the FMIC nearly every clip (out of like 5 that were sent) were buggered. so not only did the guy who sold me the cooler not put all the pipe clips in the ones that were put in were crap and really wont hold boost. the ok ones were used and a few other ones i had lying around but im not happy at all. THEN noticed a few of the blue hose pipes that join the ally pipes together had holes in them 2 ply deep and theres only 3 plys on the hose. so 3 pipes are seriously close to having huge holes in them which all need replacing. :D

So I've paid all that money for a cooler thats pipes ad all clips need replacing and them things dont come cheap. im going to ask the guy i got it off if he will refund me say £30 to put towards replacing these things as he told me that everything was ok.......oh and also he sent one buggered bracket dow with the cooler too so basically all thats holding it on now is the pipes :(

did you? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope so too shes goig into bits again tomorrow. got to drop the box off and replace the clutch plus got to see about some brackets for this intercooler too and also hopefully jasons clips hes giving me will turn up in time too :rolleyes:

i hope so too shes goig into bits again tomorrow. got to drop the box off and replace the clutch plus got to see about some brackets for this intercooler too and also hopefully jasons clips hes giving me will turn up in time too :rolleyes:

Yar bud good times :(

Hopefully my parcels turn up tomorrow aswell :D:(

Boys keep the faith!!! :rolleyes: and they will come :D

trust me i have more faith than jesus himself :( just annoying how there taking their bloody time haha

steve honestly naw wat would u do if at japfest u got back to your car and ther was love juice all over it lol

seriously tho really like this gt its gets better every time i look

haha well mate the cars actually black it just looks white cause I've got too excited too many times :(

**Little Update**

well after endlessly searching for mounting brackets for a HDI intercooler on the interweb i gave up. luckily my mate was with me who works with metal all day long. he said he'd have a look and maybe sort me something out.anyway sure enough he comes back with these which he calls his "prototypes".

Photo0216.jpg

i was actually amazed all he did was have a quick look and did a rough drawing and came up with these. i put them on and lined them up and they were near perfect.

There will be 2 of each of these and the one one the left will be the ones that hold the cooler on from the bottom and the z shape one will bolt in at the side of the cooler and bolt on the other end to the car near where the bumper bolts in vertically near the rad. must say i was pretty impressed in this 20 minute quick "prototype" he seems to have it bang on

obviously there not going on the car like that hes taking them away to cut 2 of each out then hes going to round off all the edges. then measure and line up to drill the holes and he even said he'l paint them blue to match the wheels, gt badge amd intercooler piping. what a chap

This will give me more piece of mind cause im not too happy about the pipes taking all the strain of the core. Plus the metal brackets he's making up are like 10mm thick which are much stronger than the gay 4mm? metal brackets HDI supply that do tend to snap.

I know its only a little update but im well happy with the idea and should make things a lot more stable :rolleyes:

cheers C :rolleyes:

i know i love the front mount. didnt like the HDI spray on it but its sort of growing on me now

Just need my new Jubilee clips jase is very kindly donating for me and we can crack on then

New clutch going on tomorrow too going to be a long day :(

ah ah ah no missus the deal was you may beat me at JAE. Japfest as its the first one for UKSC and i am coming then i shall be let off. Plus i wunt mess Chanelle my origami skills are those of a wise guru with a long white beared :D:(:rolleyes::(

**update time**

well my mate came down with the brackets after spending a bit more time with them.

These are the side ones:

Photo0223.jpg

One fits pretty much perfectly

Photo0220.jpg

And the other one needs a new hole drilling in it

Photo0221.jpg

Not bad though for a guess i think :lol:

The bottom ones are brill we got them bolted on and they fit a treat so im really happy with that.

Photo0218.jpgPhoto0219.jpg

They really do make a nice difference and give the cooler a lot more support. and as you can see there very thick so they should support the weight a lot better than standard ones B) Going to get a new hole drilled in one then paint them up and bang them on

Oh and i also started on my bolt by bolt refresh with some new bolts for the coilover tops :lol:

Photo0222.jpg

nipping down to yours now dude to pick up that delivery lol

Dont get your hopes up, its not that great! :lol: Although come to think of it there must be £30+ worth of bolts there? Let me know if you need any more dude and which ones you need. :lol:

and get that clutch done B)

To be honest i think the silicone joiners can go in the bin but they may come in handy??? I hope the jubalee clips are better than the ones you have. Im going for the mikalor ones so don't need those. And the bolts may come in handy but not too sure? I hope they do :lol:

They will man well happy with them :lol:

the pipes look quite good too mate there quite thick so might be able to use them to replace the pipes that are nearly split. Oh and the bolts are ace there black too so should look god B)

Well heres yet another delivery from demon enterprises

Photo0224.jpg

Well happy with thses. thinking of making jason my official sponsor with all these parts he keeps sending down B) thanks very much dude. going to get the clips swapped for the naff ones on it at the minute and that will hopefully prevent the boost pissing out. Then im going to start putting new bolts on everything :lol:

oh and im still waiting for my neighbour to help me with this

Photo0225.jpg

Cars in bits ready for it to go on but I've never done one by myself so need some help for now :lol: