Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are all the bolts for? Jasey baby, I want some of your nuts!

And bolts B)

there part of my REPLACE EVERY BOLT PLAN. :lol: sick of taking off rusty bolts and using 20 cans of WD40 so new bolts all round sounds good to me. and hey riko you can have my nuts if you want. theres plenty to go around haha

Oh my, all these nuts, I'm all hot and bothered B)

I may have to duly oblige as well - I likewise I'm annoyed by the number of bolts I snap on the car; just snapped the second radiator support bolt, so it'll be zip tie time :lol:

Glad you got them all ok Steve and i hope they come in handy. Like i said i don't know what bolts will be of any use as all i have of a starbo is an engine, i have replaced a few little bolts here and there but not done a huge overhall like you.

The nice thing about most of the bolts i sent you is they have loc tight on the threads so will go nice and tight. And like you said, most of them are black :lol:

Hmmmm..... Demon Enterprises, quite like that, although Demon Developments sounds better, and then i can just shorten it to Double D B)

Hope you get the clutch sorted soon Steve.

Jason :lol:

Jase i love you

Them jubilees are awesome. just put them all on now. I've done a shit load of bolts too lol shes looking a lot better now

also getting loads of things sprayed up too so lil update to come later

cheers Jase and Demon Developmants :lol:

Jase i love you

Them jubilees are awesome. just put them all on now. I've done a shit load of bolts too lol shes looking a lot better now

also getting loads of things sprayed up too so lil update to come later

cheers Jase and Demon Developmants B)

No worries dude, glad i could help! :lol:

Like i said before the jubalee clips where no use to me and because my intercooler pipework is getting welded together i don't need the joiners either. If you can get a socket onto the jubalee clips to tighten them then do it, you will get them so much tighter than using a flathead screwdriver!!!!!

I would be a bit cautious using the hex head bolts on things that need to be uber tight as tightening with a allen key will never be as tight as with a spanner/socket. But for bolts around the engine bay, panels, dash etc they will be fine. I take it that they are a ok size then? The majority we have are the larger ones but i managed to find some smaller ones.

Jason

using them all dude

even the tiny little ones have come in handy as i found out the other day the bumper had been tie wrapped on by pikeys whop owned it before me so now its getting some nice black nuts and bolts to go on :)

using them all dude

even the tiny little ones have come in handy as i found out the other day the bumper had been tie wrapped on by pikeys whop owned it before me so now its getting some nice black nuts and bolts to go on :(

Glad they are coming in handy. We had all the bolts donated from Stanner stair lifts. So you can be happy in the knowledge that your car will be granny powered :)

Lots of stuff done today here goes......

Old bolt goes out

Photo0228.jpg

New bolt goes in

Photo0231.jpg

Old bolts come out

Photo0232.jpg

New bolts go in

Photo0233.jpg

Old clips come out

Photo0235.jpg

New clip goes in

Photo0236.jpg

You get the jist of it :p this is how I've spent my day. taking old shit out and putting new stuff in. Its really quite satisfying :D

Also been doing a lot of this

Photo0227.jpg

***PING***

Photo0239.jpg

Such a lovely difference :D

Photo0241.jpg

Yes i sprayed the battery stand plastic :)

You think thats bad ^^^ you should see this

Photo0240.jpg

haha yep i sprayed the rocker cover nuts :( they will look nice when i get round to painting the rocker cover

also my brackets for the front mount are finished and on the car. they look so nice

Photo0237.jpg

Such a small but nice difference im proper happy with them and this should give the cooler more stability.

Tomorrows going to be dedicated to getting the clutch done and if anytimes left im going to give her a nice wash then its polishing all day friday ready for Japfest if all goes to plan ;)

yeah i know what you mean dude

i actually found out 1 bolt was holding the bumper in the rest of it was tie wrapped on hahaha pikeys lol

just need to do the clutch now and give her a damm good wash and polish :)

Loveing the work you are puting into this Steve there's just know stoping you great work mate keep it up :( Orr if you copper slip every nut/bolt they will last for ever :)

Also JASON what a guy wish there was more people like you about mate :D