Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

How is it boosting .7bar now mate?

yes mate a nice 0.65 bar ish but peaks at 0.7 bar which im happy with B)

Take that back NAO! Or I won't do that thing with the chilli pepper, feather and latex gloves anymore :lol:

Have you tried a functional stock Actuator to see if the problem is not with the actuator itself and rather somewhere in the vacuum plumbing, intercooler piping etc?

sorry sugar plum il take it back i was lying B)

Good to hear you solved the problem!

Thankyou mate well happy B)

Sweet im glad you got it sorted mate,, i thought the manifold would be to blame!!! Happy boosting matey keep up the good work B)

cheers matey. its not solved the problem totally but im sure in time and with extra work and other mods/changes the problem will soon solve itself hopefully B)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear your gettin somewhere with the boost issue buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudie!

should be lookin at my own boost figure with Jay next weekend fingers crossed.....that makes u and me boost-tweeking-twins! we should cuddle! NAO!

Phil.

nice mate get the badger mobile tweaked haha and yes we should cuddle dressed as giant adjustable actuators. you tweak my boost and il tweak yours :):p

not been on in a few days and come back and theres like 3 more pages in this thread! awsome updates steve! keep them coming!

thankyou mate and yeah were seeing a lot of progress haha

well was driving her last night and whenever i put my foot down the turbo spooled up very fast and it just wasnt accelerating that hard. it really sounds like theres a major boost leak somewhere now which has developed over night. going to investigate it today. Damm this thing just want to get it sorted now :)

nice mate get the badger mobile tweaked haha and yes we should cuddle dressed as giant adjustable actuators. you tweak my boost and il tweak yours :p :P

Oh My God :)

Just had a funny picture in my head :):p

make sure ya check the mani to turbo bolts and gasket. i always put mine on uber tight and was left with only 2 bolts on it one day. didnt sound the best like. also if you do notice the bolts are loose wait till its cooled down before ya touch them ( i learned that the hard way ). ya been havin boost probs for a while so ya might have already had a look at this :)

to be honest i havnt checked the mani to turbo bolts. I've checked the whole intercooler system etc but not this. going to have a damm good check of everything today

I WILL FING THIS BLOODY PROBLEM IF IT KILLS ME haha :)

taken her for a quick spin

symptoms- revving to 3k then noise kicks in and flies upto 5k and not going anywhere

- boost hitting 0.5 bar then same thing happens

Diagnosis- CLUTCH :)

Theres doctor starbo's medical report

does everyone agree with this. it sounds to me like the clutch is just spinning once boost kicks in.

mark's car did this, rev'd like FUCK but wasnt goin anywhere, diagnosis and solution was.....clutch!

Phil.

thankyou phil for confirming that im going with that next

Ahhhh bad news mate :)

i know :)

well new clutch needed i think. anyone know the cheapest BUT BEST place to get one. looking at a standard clutch wouldnt mind upgrading but im flat broke for now

really dont fancy driving 4 and a half hours to the bottom of the country for Japfest with a crappy clutch.

its a good job my biggest motto is "never give up" cause id be getting pissed off now haha

i know the feeling mate. the only reason im fixin my car just now is for japfest. only thing i havent bought is a new clutch so im hoping mine will be fine when the box comes off. hope ya get this sorted mate.

mark's car did this, rev'd like FUCK but wasnt goin anywhere, diagnosis and solution was.....clutch!

Phil.

Theres a huge sign of the clutch gone, bro's done this not long ago ;)

Pictures of FMIC Steve :wub:

got to go pick it up from socks soon as it got sent to his work so i deffo got it :wub:

and i really do hope the clutch thing solves it

clutch should be here tomorrow and i have a person to thank hugely fot it. when it comes il put a post up to thank that person

think im going to get the clutch fitted then fit the FMIC to save time.

me too :wub: got some serious cleaning to do though on the front mount and im hoping the clutch turns up today too so i can get that fitted before rising sun car show at the weekend. busy busy busy ;)