Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn man, your really sinkin your teeth into this bad boy! i love bein able to get down to good solid meaty jobs like that!!! top work dude!!!!

got me one of those cup holders a few years back, rarely use it, but it just slots in perfectly and looks pretty damn smart, so kudos on the wise purchase!!!

shame about the superglue on the dash man....not sure what to suggest to remove it...

some form of solvent is obviously needed for it, did a quick google search, and found amazon had a bit or two

try me??

couldnt be doin with super glue on me dash! that would tick me right off man so i understand your annoyance!

Phil.

thanks phil for the kind research

however i work at a printers factory and we use solvent all day long to get ink off the printing plates im pretty sure that will get it off no problem if not il give your suggestion a shot :o

well going to go crack on with the gauges and gauge pod now

also hoping some of my deliveries will turn up today

new update will be up later on :D

haha yeah its a good headunit can watch tv dvd's everything on it lol

and yeah glad found them pics of when GILLY had it

thanks for the kind words anyway

well I've just found a delivery note from yesterday at my front door and it says they will try again tomorrow meaning today so looks like something else has arrived. really hope its the electric window motor or filter relocation kit :D fingers crossed

Well was halfway through doing my gauges and look what turned up :D:o

100_0140.jpg

well happy with it. going to finish wiring the gauges up and depending on time get the relocation kit fitted aswell :D good times

will do dont you worry mate lol

nearly done the gauges there all wired up just need tiger sealing on

then im going to do the relocation kit then im coming for that toastie you promised :D

***UPDATE TIME***

heres todays update....

well got cracked on with fitting and wiring the gauges up today. after yesterdays mad cable tidy up that was all undone in 5 mins.

Look at this mess :D

100_0142.jpg

Got all the pipes and cables in as well as the gauges in the pod

100_0143.jpg

Mounted on the A-Pillar

100_0144.jpg100_0145.jpg

And finially tiger sealed and held on with a shed load of tape and various brooms around the house :o

100_0146.jpg

Job done :D il get a night time pic up later on with the lights working too

Well as i had plenty of time to spare it was time to fit the MM filter relocation kit.

100_0141.jpg

This wasnt exactly a perfect fit as the flexible black pipe was squasged between the power steering pump and the oil filter so needed some modifying which involved me, socks and a a junior hacksaw :D took about 2-3cm off the end of it and it went in perfectly then

End result

100_0147.jpg

Looks much better. so glad to get rid of that gay EFI pipe and also the sock air filter haha. now all i need to do is fuk the top mount off and it will look a lot tidier then :D

works going to stop now for a few days as im waiting to get paid (Friday) and also got 3 12 hour nights followed by 3 12 hour days to do. but while im working going to get a lot ordered then work can continue next week B)

well I've just taken her out to test the boost gauge lights are working fine etc

as it was dark and not many poeple about i took her for a blast up the carriage way...she was boosting at .45 bar on full boost.....normal youre probably thinking except i was on HI boost. put low boost and exactly the same. im thinking this has had an uprated actuator on it before and the hi/low boost has been de-activated then when someones put it back to standard they havn't corrected it. either that or im leaking some boost somwhere but it doesnt feel like it she seems to be boosting rather strong

ahhh well good excuse for a HKS actuator now :D

thankyou sir for the kind words :D

i wish you did live nearer id have loved to see the FTE conversion in the badger mobile lol plus with the amount of parts im ordering on friday i might need some help fitting them all haha

and dont worry the updates will be rolling in in a few days hopefully :o

Well this aint the worlds biggest update but hey an updates an update

bored out of my brains now waiting to get paid and get cracked on with this. 2 days seems such a long way away :) so i got the old strut brace out of the back room and decided to get it primered up ready to spray

Photo0146.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

The plan for this is to try find a similar colour to the roose motosport blue hoses that im planning on putting into the engine bay in a week or so. and the good thing is if it doesnt look right then i can always put the black one i have on now back in.

does anybody know what paint colour these hoses are there pretty much the same clour as the samco hoses in blue?

Also my log book came through the post this morning which i was really suprised about as its only been 2 weeks since i bought the car lol normally its like 6 weeks. but im happy to oficially be the owner of it now :p

Plans in the next week or so is:

Ordering the management on friday just spoke to the guy today whos selling it but im keeping quiet about it for now as its uber sexual....to me anyway lol

then its going to be a JPerformance FMIC to fill the whole in the front of the bumper. after that the engine bays getting sexed up with a painted rocker cover, blue magnecore leads then a full set of blue hoses everywehere under the bonnet. Cant wait :lol:

**UPDATE**

ECU just ordered :p

HDI front mount intercooler also just ordered

going to get a HKS actuator ordered too and maybe some nice Tuning developments socks to go with it :p

Still waiting for the Electric window motor and Maggy leads too.....lets do this :D

Sterling work so far mate :D

Damn theres hardly any wiring under your steering column compared to mine, im scared to look (damn alarm) :p

Really need a dash loom for mine but I hate wiring :p

Keep up the good work mate

cheers dean :p and i know its robbing me blind lol but its worth it. i think the plug and play ecu's are awesome they make such a difference to the car. but once i get all the big stuff ordered and out the way i can start ordering the cheaper stuff and really cracking on with the build in a few months time lol

@lewis- yeah i know what thats like. my black gt had an alarm in it you dont realise how much wirings involved for one of them lol think it might be worth getting an alarm installed eventually, dont want no pikies getting there hands on my poor girl lol :p

haha i hate to imagine

and hmmmm wiring isnt really in doctor starbo's line of work but fuck it drive it 5 hours down here and il spend half an hour cable tying it together haha

haha i hate to imagine

and hmmmm wiring isnt really in doctor starbo's line of work but fuck it drive it 5 hours down here and il spend half an hour cable tying it together haha

Ahh, Doctor Starbo strikes again :p Its looking great Steve, i have been away for a week but i come back and it looks like you have been really cracking on with it. Keep up the good work mate this car is starting to look mint :p

getting there isnt it

the only think thats annoying me is lack of money im putting too much into this but not getting the progress i crave haha

was seriously thinking about giving up my house and moving back in with my mum and id have £1k spare a month to spend on it :D instead of renting and paying off someone elses mortgage lol but ahhh well its nice having your own place

once i get all the big parts out the way we should see more serious progress

waiting for parts too is so annoying lol wish id have driven and picked them up so i can get them fitted

cant wait to get the ecu more than anything serious power gains and NO FUEL CUT :pB) awesome stuff :p

getting there isnt it

the only think thats annoying me is lack of money im putting too much into this but not getting the progress i crave haha

was seriously thinking about giving up my house and moving back in with my mum and id have £1k spare a month to spend on it instead of renting and paying off someone elses mortgage lol but ahhh well its nice having your own place

once i get all the big parts out the way we should see more serious progress

waiting for parts too is so annoying lol wish id have driven and picked them up so i can get them fitted

cant wait to get the ecu more than anything serious power gains and NO FUEL CUT awesome stuff

I know that exact feeling Steve! Im saving for a house and trying to finish the Demon all at the same time, house savings are winning at the moment. I have been working at the Demon now for over 2 YEARS!!!! and its still not bloody done, or no where near! :p Its just a massive money pit! I love ordering parts though and just waiting for them, then its like crimbo when they arive :D Im waiting on my inlet manifold at the moment and im dying to get it.

My bro has just moved to Tokyo for a year also, his suitcase had a HUGE list of parts im after so he's now my handy Jap parts importer B):p