Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

just thought id do a little update for steve as i came and took some pictures of the car yesterday for this thread! The work on the bodywork amazed me, seriously shiney now in places! He hasnt completely finished yet but its getting there!

few shots were we usually go!

DSCN0858.JPG

DSCN0859.JPG

DSCN0860.JPG

DSCN0861.JPG

and a few close ups of areas that have been polished and cleaned up!

roof:

DSCN0853.JPG

bonnet:

DSCN0854.JPG

boot and lights:

DSCN0855.JPG

passenger side started!:

DSCN0856.JPG

comin on! and glad to see a previous owner on here!?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW matt them picks are awesome first time I've seen them, looks very shiny on such a dull day :p I've only got the back, roof and bonnet done so far its taking ages to get it all t-cutted up lol

cheers for all the nice comments lads really motivates me to crack on with this thing and get her back to full potential :p

small update of yesterdays jobs coming up in a min when i get the pics uploaded

***UPDATE***

well seen as though the vitara went on sunday i decided to crack on and get insured fully on the starbo. with insurance sorted and coilovers on her i needed some wheel spacers on her as the wheels were wrong offset and rubbing. so went down to Halfrauds and got some. Really could have done with 3-4mm but all they had was 1 set of 3mm and one set of 5mm so thought the 3's could go on front and 5's on the back

100_0110.jpg

100_0111.jpg

So with the spacers on and wheels on decided to give it a small drive and see if it was okay....IT WASNT!!! the steering felt aweful too light when going round corners it actually felt like i was driving on snow. we knew the tracking was out when we bought it really badly so took it to motosave and decided to get it sorted

Took a quick pic on the ramps as it looked rather sexual :p

100_0115.jpg

When he got all the tracking gear lined up it was immediatly obvious what the problem was. when one wheel was straight on the front the other was poking out about 30 degrees the other way. it was that far out it actually wasnt showing the actual reading on the tracking gear cause it was so far out. My mate from motosave who was doing it said he doesnt think its ever had tracking in its life lmao mad.

well while it was on the ramps it was decided a good oil and filter change was needed as well as an engine flush so that was cracked on with. paid up and took her for a test drive (and a small photoshoot as you can see above)

Problem solved :p she felt like a train on rails. amazing grip on the road i love them coilovers so much B)

So plans in the next few days while i have minimul funds till pay day are continue T-cutting her to get the paintwork shiny and also clean the stripped out back end as it looks like half a building sites been there. If my electric window motor turns up too il get that sorted

Best get my T-cutting hand in gear B)

who did you sell it to?? it wasnt someone from andover was it??

No I sold it to someone in Liverpool about 3 years ago, was gutted when I sold it, would have kept it but didn't have any money, lost my job.

I did take the turbo off and hybrid it but didn't do anything else with it.

It's not a big hybrid but would be nice at a bar boost.

I only put the alloys on and lowered it. Don't know what happened to the front fogs tho.

No I sold it to someone in Liverpool about 3 years ago, was gutted when I sold it, would have kept it but didn't have any money, lost my job.

I did take the turbo off and hybrid it but didn't do anything else with it.

It's not a big hybrid but would be nice at a bar boost.

I only put the alloys on and lowered it. Don't know what happened to the front fogs tho.

yeah mate i know what you did to it, found a few old photos of it on your photo bucket you dont mind me using them do you if i want to put them up on here just to show what it was like when you had it when it was mint....to what it was like when i bought it......to what it looks like now lol think it would make a good thread lol

Steve I've got two quick questions for you :p

Are you using a rotary polisher to get the paint back up to shine?

Are those spacers okay to use on Starlets? I've heard you need hubcentric ones or something, I'm looking to space my rears out about 10mm and fronts 5mm

P.s. I'm liking the Sig :p

haha yeah i thought it was funny to

and nah mate im old school good old elbow grease is the best polishing method lol man can do things 10 times better than machines :p

and nah mate there just crappy halfords ripspeed spacers. cant see why youd need hubcentric ones whatever they are. try the ripspeed ones they fitted mine fine mate

yeah mate i know what you did to it, found a few old photos of it on your photo bucket you dont mind me using them do you if i want to put them up on here just to show what it was like when you had it when it was mint....to what it was like when i bought it......to what it looks like now lol think it would make a good thread lol

Nah I'd like you to put them up actually, was a really nice gt when I had it, just a shame it wasn't looked after before you bought it!

deffo a front mount to fill the whole in the bumper then filter reloacation kit to get rid of all them gash pipes on the top of the bay....then a nice painted rocker cover and maggy leads in blue :p

haha yeah i thought it was funny to

and nah mate im old school good old elbow grease is the best polishing method lol man can do things 10 times better than machines :p

and nah mate there just crappy halfords ripspeed spacers. cant see why youd need hubcentric ones whatever they are. try the ripspeed ones they fitted mine fine mate

That's good to hear! B)

I T-Cutted my car twice last year, and since then I've polished it with Auto Glym SRP twice, but I can't match the shine I got off T-Cut! I'm gonna give the car the once over with T-Cut and then carry on with SRP, hopefully that'll do the trick B)

Awesome, I'm gonna look for some for mine then! I only just noticed the other day that my wheels aren't flush with the arch! It might solve the scrubbing on full lock too!

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it! :p