nazzurro19 - now ended - sold

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha well im getting the rest of the parts on monday but what really sucks is im at work for the next 5 weekends !! so im not guna have time to do it anytime soon

on a bonus though , i opened up my wastegate and it had 2x 0.5 bar springs so ive took one out that saved me £30 lol

wahooo lines turned up today just a quick question

the 3 bolts in the middle where do they go ? are the bigger two to go in each of the bolts of the water lines or do they go in the bare ended side?

and also does the smaller one bolt on to the end of the oil feed

1d1623a1.jpg

and one other question (sorry to be retarded but i want it all good no leaks etc)

here on my wastegate ive put the vacumn thigs in and they are now like solid and feel like if i tighten it up anymore it will snap , should the thred be 100% covered or is this ok!

749515f8.jpg

1. correct the bits screw on to the water braided line and the other connects to the water lines on the block. the one in the middle seems to be the oil side,just try it and see what fits tbh...

2. hmm should be screwed all the way down i would of thought so well it was on mine since its to do with your boost.

you running a EBC or running it from the spring??

cool well lets see how it goes lol next problem is i dont have an oil return feed from the turbo to the sump totally forgot about it lol

do you have any old coolant hoses that go from the engine to the heater matix inside the car?

as there about the same size!

problem sorted hopefully , managed to get some 3/8 bsp oil hose or something which is pretty flexible to use as my oil return

*** small update time ***

after seeing the freshly painted rear end of stevegt i decided to do it aswell

1) this is how i originally had it - all carpeted up

7a01d2df.jpg

which after removing left a shiteload of glue :(

d1de7c44.jpg

so out came the sandpaper , steam washer n all sorts to try sort out this issue, 6 hours later and a couple of cuts n blisters and lots of dust i was finally ready to paint it (halfrauds 5L hammerite on offer half price £9.99) white :)

18973460.jpg

this is only the first coat , and had a couple of brush marks etc but i wanted to use it is a base layer n from now on ill be using an applicator pad n sponge roller to tart

it up , i think it looks pretty damn awesome

2) also today i decided to heatwrap my decat and mani fold was easy doing the decat but manifold sucks !! i did my best but some runners were welded together (hense the gaps lol!) but it will do

before

ea8791f6.jpg

after

ca526a91.jpg

and lastly some bad news :p

im working the next 7 weekends so car is now put back nearly 2 months

Really like the way this is looking now man! but i wouldnt reccomend wrapping the mani like that... it will get VERY hot and the gaps inbeetween the heatwrap can get stressed, its usually just stainless that does it but i dont think its a good idea on that either tbh, just wrap everything after the mani if you cant do it properly

ill have to if poss reuse that wrap or i aint got much left lol now next problem :)

6f2396df.jpg

the bolt behind the gunk keeps coming loose every 50-100 miles so every week im having to take the wheel off take the cover off do up the bolt a little drive rinse n repeat can anyone suggest y this is happening?

i dont like leaving it as it makes the wheel wobble etc and then the disc makes a grinding noise when its starting to come loose?

it has the split pin in etc

ro55ifumi has wrapped his ramhorn mani really nicely, have a look at how he did it :)

just had a look the only thing is i was thinking of wrapping each side together but r055ifumis is equal on both side where as mine aint so some areas would hav a gap between the runners would that matter ?

mani-1.jpg

if ya look in the pic i just drew the red arrows show the gaps between the runners so it mean as the gap is bigger/smaller in some ares surly this would also cause stress ?

The driveshaft nuts need to be tight, are you using a power bar to tighten them? Need as much leverage as possible.

And as for the mani I would wrap around the 2 runners each side rather than individually

The driveshaft nuts need to be tight, are you using a power bar to tighten them? Need as much leverage as possible.

And as for the mani I would wrap around the 2 runners each side rather than individually

wont doing it up really tight stop the disc spinning?