Anyone Else Ever Get Bored Of The Starlet ?

Does anyone else ever get bored of there Starlet and fancy selling to get something different ;)

As it's how I feel at the moment, I feel like I've had one, it's not as good as I thought it would be and I want something different :)

I keep looking at other car's and it's making me think about getting rid of the GT :D

But I don't want to as I know when it goes I won't find one quite as clean again, as this one took me months and months to find

I get this feeling all the time mate, but theres always stuff to buy and things to do to the Starlet to keep the faith going!!

Go give it a nice big polish mate and buy a few new parts and you'll love it again.

Mine has been away all week getting its rebuild done and today is the first time ive drove it in a week, and its made me see how much i missed driving it.

There's lots of different ways to look at it mate.

The other larger Jap cars are certainly more powerful or glamarous but it all depends if you are a huge fan of the EP's lightweight bodyshape and history.

Power to weight ratio of the GT is pretty awesome and easier to run than other fuel hungry jdm imports.

All depends what you want at the end of the day and how easy it is for you to be content with what you have.

Are you in for a quick starlet fix or the long haul?

I love mine because I hate newer cars and prefer a wee pocket rocket over a saloon or larger car any day.

A larger car would be more safer tho as one bad accident will = a squashed sardine can.

A lot of our members have switched to different cars and more than often returned to an EP, that says a lot really.

What did you have in mind for alternatives as someone has probably driven what you are thinking of getting.

A few test drives wouldnt hurt either to see if you are missing something.

Joz

Bored shitless of N/A Starlets now, don't get me wrong I love it as a daily driver and the performance considering it only being a 1.3 is great, but I had the most fun in my first Starlet, the second time around it's just bored me.

Had plenty of good times in Starlets but having no real sense of acceleration or anything it's just a dull experience to me now.

It's a wierd thing to say though, on one hand I'm bored and fed up of them but then you start comparing them to other small hatchbacks with similar size engines and in my opinion not much comes close.

I'm sure it's different with a turbo'd one though, if you've got the dollar you can soon squeeze some more power out of it.

hadnt been in mine for way over a week, got in it today and made me aware of how much i missed and love it! Not once been bored of mine however im not driving it yet so will get fed up with the n/a eventually :)

I had grown bored of my Gt and nearly sold up a few times as you may know?

But that is because it has been off the road for over a year, as said tuning the power/handling will change your mind :)

Start tuning it and watch how that feeling changes. Never felt like that in my 3 years of my Starlet ownership of Starlets really!

agreed the more i tune mine the more i like it. i dont think I've ever got bored of owning a starlet and i know i never will most likely :)

Ps. I absolutely cannot wait to be driving another Turbo Starlet. I've spent the last six months mixed driving a Nissan Micra, N/A Starlet, a TDI and a EP3 Civic Type R and I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

Yeah I think I need to do some more bits to it to bring the Fun back,

I'm looking at the Focus RS keep seeing one driving round and really really fancy one but I know it would be stupid on fuel, Tax and insurance, There the things i like alot about my EP, I put £15 a week in, £120 year tax and insurance is under £1000 which i excellent considering my age and the Performance of the car,

I just wish i had the room for 2 car's so i could buy a car for general driving and keep the Starlet for fun, As driving it daily is doing my head in, to the point that i don't use it much, my old man uses it to go work and back more then i use it

Oh and i like EK9's :) ;)

Everytime that turbo spools up, it still puts a smile on my face. :)

I don't think a whole lot of other cars in this (price) category are more fun to drive (except for handling perhaps). Plus it's just silly cheap to run.

Mate I am missing my GT so much, can see how you would get bored, they arent amazing standard.

Keep modding it and you will love it more and more everytime you drive it.

Its such a difference running a bar and would take some beating ;)

CANNOT WAIT to get the trackslag back out at 220+hp raping things and spitting flames up the side of the car ;)

Ps. I absolutely cannot wait to be driving another Turbo Starlet. I've spent the last six months mixed driving a Nissan Micra, N/A Starlet, a TDI and a EP3 Civic Type R and I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

tell me about it, my life is incomplete atm :)

id say tune it and then make your decision... a 1 bar ct9 caged gt with an lsd was more fun to drive than my 320bhp GT4......

i love ep's... i've had too many lol