the bonnet looks a different color to the wing in the 1st pic dude, im guessing your spraying that too?

was totally unable to get a perfect colour match, despite ringing toyota manufacturing, numerous body shops and browsing the web for days on end.

the pic was taken on my dads phone and really shows up the difference, but its unnoticable in daylight

shall not be sraying the bonnet, just coating it in colour restorer and wax, it will blend perfectly once i have used some colour restorer and re laquered it, will spray it if i have spare paint though

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a cool little car :p luv it :o love the colour to and glad she is staying standard will def draw some attention

xxx

thanks

comments like these make the blood, sweat, and tears i put into it worth while

i also want some negatives and suggestions

hi all

some more pictures to come over the course of the weekend, passanger side has now been sprayed and laquered.

i have also installed some HID effect bulbs (bargains)

so close to completion now, all it needs is the detailing and elbow grease.

any sugestions on how to gently personalise the car, without spending mega bucks or modifying it???

james

tried painting the starlet in the grill and it reacted with the paint on the grill already, had to strip and repaint the whole grill to get it to look that clean again..... may give it anothe try!!!!

more standard 2E pics coming now for you buddy

just for me :D you darling :D

and spray it what color it is now, then let it dry, give a quick wipe with some turps, then stick some masking tape over it and get a stanley knife and cut around the outline of starlet and get sopme spray in there, same color as the car me thinks, or just do it with a small hobby model brush thingy

i think you should paint the starlet in the front grill to match the car :D

and also lets have a closer look at that shiny engine bay :D

tried painting the starlet in the grill and it reacted with the paint on the grill already, had to strip and repaint the whole grill to get it to look that clean again..... may give it anothe try!!!!

more standard 2E pics coming now for you buddy

here we are then

engine during cleaning

engineduringcleaning2.jpg

engineduringcleaning.jpg

nice and clean now

engine_after_cleaning-1.jpg

not bad, only cost me 6 quid (degreaser from homebase) and about an hour (possibly a bit more)

i was just about to say, what did you use for that lol,

mite have to get me some of that, whats it called?

i think that it was called all in one engine degreaser, something like that anyway (definatly £5.99 from homebase

was dead simple to do;

disconnect battery and remove

spray it on avoiding some componants (noted on the back of the can)

brush it with a cheap household paintbrush (quite vigorously)

re-aply where nessasary

hose off

tidy, have to have a got at that 1 then, i gta respray my rocker cover soon tho :D to match my new color scheme lol

be sure to post the pics

it made quite a big difrerence on mine, and that was not too dirty before

lol im thinking of changin the color of my wheels also but thats a bit of a secret, unless ive already said what color im doin in a different post by accident :)

you may need to tell me if you want me to paint them then :) lol

and this is one clean little starlet

lmao maybe, but im stupidly skint atm dude so theyre gunna have to be done ona budget me thinks lol

i think im gunna get some filler on the wolfrace engravement in them aswell tbh

gonna look uber tho :) hopefully

hi again

got some more pics for you all to see

talking of the engine bay being cleaned

clean.jpg

morecleanengine.jpg

a little sticker that i did not know existed untill i used the degreaser (suffering 25years of encapsulation in grease)

oldforlifesticker.jpg

another bonnet sticker uncovered

1985duckhams.jpg

i have also got a picture of these rare little beauties, optional extra contrasting luxury mats designed for the starlet

they came in the car when i bought it, what a bonus!!!

85starletmats.jpg

hope you like her

if any more pics are wanted from the resto or of the finnished car, i will try my best to deliver