• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May aswell do it on here mate. Whilst you have the beginning of the second page :)

This is an awesome little motor and a credit to you (and its previous owners)!!

Best of luck with the little retro options finding :)

blimey you work fast buddy but its great work so far! really is in good condition for its age. :)

thnaks mate

was initially bought as a cheap do up project, i did lnow a bit about starlets and liked them abit

she will probablty be my first car unless someone makes me a good offer :p

done up quick as it was just minor cosmetics :)

i think he means to spray the starlet on your grill in silver dude

makes sense, may have a go at it some time but am happy with the minimal grill at the moment.

looking to personalise the car a bit, but standard :D

hi again

help needed

I am very unsure of how to make this car my own (i do own it legally), i dont have the money to convert it or to tweek the current engine.

I am a 16 year old hoping to get a part time job for the 2 years i am at college, so got no big bucks, this car has been done on a tight budget, i am very happy with how it looks but it seems a bit uniform, what can i do.

my main crisis is; JDM stickers suit a modded car but not my 12valve!!

james

p.s. when i can afford i will have a full on JDM, vtec killer thing :D and it will be sooooo FAST :)

Could concentrate on a few interior bits? Gearknob, steering wheel. As for exterior, go for a subtle suspension drop, 30mm springs or similar, and get some old-school or subtle rims rocking on it. With the exception of the wheels, all the above items should be <£100 each. Springs may be just below or just above.

Of course, you don't want to spend too much on it, it is a first car after all, and it's likely for everyone to have had a little bump or scrape in it.

EDIT: Just spotted these, they're 15" tho. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-OZ-Turbo-split-...=item20b18631da

thanks for your help lads

but i'm thinking of spending max 50-100 quid on mods when i have my job,

not only because i could do with buying a mac and a profesional slr camrea for college

but also because dropping it even a small amount or putting on alloys boosts insurance loads.

i will have the money for split rims and coilovers eventually, but not yet (i will have a glanza when i can afford such things :lol: )

give the rims a color change then? just a lil suggestion, and it depends who your with really, have a shop around, the only aftermrketparts that added value to my car was my air filter and exhaust, they didnt say anything aout alloys and suspnsion changes,

hi all

thanks for all the suggestions guys, i now have a plan of action:

definate

spray front wiper arms

recover parcel shelf, current fabric has gone bobbely

repaint radiator supports

repaint air box (old style over engine, not plastic) black

repaint header/rocker cover in car body colour

repaint horn front blue and polish aluminuim panel

possible

fill in starlet in grill

central locking kit (maybe even remote if i feel adenturous :lol: )

new air filter, keeping standard set up

replacement engine oil cap (possible trd) mine looks like it has been dropped or a hammer dropped on it!!! still safe

repaint calipers up front and drums at rear (either blue/silver/red)

some alloys when i have a job (some photoshop pics of alloys on my car to come)

repaint stock springs

will add more if i can think of anything

tell me what you all thinks

thanks mate those cars are cool,

will have something that well built and modded eventually but for now can't afford.

how much is one of them spoilers, or if you tell me wich one it is or what model it is made for i will have a look.

as i said earlier i have photoshopped some alloys onto my car

ford puma

pumawheels.jpg

volvo 440 will try some of them on my car for real as dad has a 440

volvowheels.jpg

opinions more than welcome guys

im 16 myself bud, i bought my starlet SR from my paper round money which i saved and couldn't mod mine allot until i got a job, i have worked in tesco now since October around my college hours and my car is nothing like what it was.

i would say drop it and get some nice jdm wheels for it and it will look awesome :lol:

im 16 myself bud, i bought my starlet SR from my paper round money which i saved and couldn't mod mine allot until i got a job, i have worked in tesco now since October around my college hours and my car is nothing like what it was.

i would say drop it and get some nice jdm wheels for it and it will look awesome :lol:

i will mod a starlet some time very soon, but as i could not afford to mod this one when i started, i shall leave it that way while i learn to drive and then either mod this one, get an SR or something similar to mod

may drop it on new springs and put some wheels on but keep the old ones to sell it standard when i do eventually get rid, going to try and save money though too, want a £900 mac and a £700 camera, ouch!!!

i sold one of them spoilers for E80 recently there rare in ireland,there of an ae82 toyota corolla gti

will look into that buddy, thanks

Little touches such as Chrome Door Handles, WING Mirrors and Alloys complete this Corolla

DSC04519.jpg

Once lowered with some retro wheels, how about a small rubber lip like this (smaller - minus silver dots/bolts)

kuza861.jpg

A steering wheel to this kinda style?

dash1.jpg

JDM Retro Tow Eye thing?

cress1.jpg

Front wheels off this?

toy-ra65-wht-cpe-2.jpg

Go through this Ultimate Guide To JDM Wheels and let me know what ones you like the look of (retro that is).

Il explain the importance of asking me on msn sometime soon bro :lol:

I know some of the above is older than your car, but still food for thought.

Little touches such as Chrome Door Handles, WING Mirrors and Alloys complete this Corolla

Go through this Ultimate Guide To JDM Wheels and let me know what ones you like the look of (retro that is).

Il explain the importance of asking me on msn sometime soon bro :lol:

I know some of the above is older than your car, but still food for thought.

can't thank people enough for the time and thought put into the ideas for my car,

thanks for all the help

have been a very busy guy today working hard on the engine of my star, asthetically only though

the air box and radiator supports were rusty

P160610_14170001.jpg

painted the cover

P160610_14250001.jpg

painted the top cover (rocker cover) to match the car

P160610_20230001.jpg

ground the paint of the toyota badge and then laqured it

P160610_20230003.jpg

also used a cloth dampend with white spirit to clean ignition leads

nice and bright now

P160610_20240001.jpg