thats epic on the extra cc displacement

should be a wee terrior on the road with 75bhp and id be totaly stoked with that, engine conversion for free haha.

i was unsure what to think when i looked into it and became certain i was right.

just thought i would mention its not 75bhp, according to my few sources its 88 ohh my god!! ;)

thanks for the comments guys, and streetracer_starlet make me a good enough offer shes yours ;) i might not be able to keep her (insurance group 6) :) (only 16 not got my license yet so no NCB)

thanks again lads

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree you should be able to insure it.

Then again, I randomly did a quote on a KP60 and it came back more expensive than an EP82. :o

But don't get caught up in it being group 6 insurance.

got a quote last night using my mum as the main driver and me as secondary,

with the standard engine it would cost 1600,

but with the 2E that is currently fitted it woked out a £4000 with me as secondary,

although this is just a crappy comparison site questionaire and all thier options for modified were;

>engine standard replacement

>engine non standard

>engine standard chipped

really need to look into it deep and spend some time making calls

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys

things have been painfully slow with my project at the minute, literally just been keeping the dust off her!!!!!!

but all is not lost i have just got me a part time job while i am at college, bringing me about £50-75 a month of starlet money

(thats all i could afford to take from my camera and phone fund!!!!)

will be saving up for a few touches

my list at the moment is

save for:

alloys

exhaust system (may not bother for a while and just do a jap bakbox)

window tinting

in the very long distance future a 4efte turbo lump or whatever is for sale at the time

smaller items:

wind defelctors

central locking kit (with remotes)

steering wheel and boss kit (possibly)

caliper paint (when alloys come)

air filter kit

plain black sunstrip

small uksc sticker

large uksc sticker

soe other commical stickers

will get some more pics up soon, if i have done anything new!!!!!!!!!!

simple 14" watanabe's for about 150quid, job done.

in regards to engine conversions, it's a massive job to put a 4e in one of these. ep71's are far easier as you aint gotta piss around changing the fuel tank. i enquired to this a while back when i was pissing about with daily drivers as i almost bought an ep70 identical to this.

ahh

did not know what was involved with conversions on the ep70,

thought it would be just like on the newer models but ahh well will have to see how things pan out anyways, it might be cheaper just to buy a glanza when it come to it, but i'm not at that stage yet so wont worry about it!!!!

and yes i do like the idea of 14" watanabes but there are many wheels i like

my favorite wheels for the car are work equip 03

and i also quite like bbs ra 15's

thanks for all the replies!!!

oh and why would the fuel tank need changing????

because your car is carb rather than injection so the injection models have the fuel pump underneath the rear seat in the tank and the carbs dont,but you dont have to change the whole tank if you dont want to just put the pump into your own fuel tank :( tbh lad just keep the engine in it now theyre nippy for what they are,mine is anyway :D

because your car is carb rather than injection so the injection models have the fuel pump underneath the rear seat in the tank and the carbs dont,but you dont have to change the whole tank if you dont want to just put the pump into your own fuel tank :( tbh lad just keep the engine in it now theyre nippy for what they are,mine is anyway :D

fair enough it will be N/A for slightly longer than expected!!!!!!

^^^thanks mate ^^^

all looks good on going turbo

even though i know i cant do it for a while i have looked into it and someone has turbod the bog standard 2e engine!!!!!!

still carb!! must be a bit cheaper than a full conversion

sounds sweet as hell :(

• 4 weeks later...

hi all quick post here

put xenon look blue bulbs from the pound shop ages ago.... but i never posted pictures so here goes

just the standard side lights (due to be replaced with led 501 bulbs)

DSCN0181.jpg

new 99p store bulbs!!!!

DSCN0179.jpg

some more updates to come over the next month..... some money coming in soon!!!!!!

hi all tiny little picture update

but not a good one

i woke up the other morning to find this :)

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

my repair has broken through :(

on the plus side rust is lighter than carbon fibre < <

if anyone knows where i can get some very very very very very very very very (you get the idea) cheap wings for my car i would be highly interested

some good times to come for my starbo though very soon so not all is lost :p

you any good at welding or know anyone who is?

i know people with welders.... but that don't make em good :).... and as for me i'm 16 and have never tried so wont try on my wings for the first time!!!!!!!

i have been quoted £127 per wing through a friend!!!!! and the internet cant find anything any better!!!!!

thasts for just 1 unpainted, unfitted new wing given to me in the box! i need 2 in an ideal world

will get some quotes for welding jobs ..... both wings are in bad shape just covered over with a quick lick of paint....

.... will be grinding it down to the bare metal and will rebuild it with mesh and filler then spray it just to protect it a bit during the winter months!!!!!

yeah fiberglas and filler done well will be fine for 6-12months

also when you fiberglass you need to drill holes around what your filling and it gives the fiberglas somewhere to seep through and helps prevent it crack or fall out and will just help it all bind together

yeah fiberglas and filler done well will be fine for 6-12months

also when you fiberglass you need to drill holes around what your filling and it gives the fiberglas somewhere to seep through and helps prevent it crack or fall out and will just help it all bind together

i may have a go at that.... dad was a proffesional fibreglass formula-4 car body manufacturer back in the late 80's