id go for different wheels to the ones you have photoshopped mate. Stick to the retro ep70 style I reckon and go for something more subtle and JDM from the same era :-) Just my opinion obviously. I did have a link to rare JDM wheels but cant find it maybe someone on here can give you it theres loads on there so sure you will find some you like.

Love the project though mate, good to see someone taking time and effort to restore a classic motor. :-)

Keep postings updates looking forward to seeing the finished build.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id go for different wheels to the ones you have photoshopped mate. Stick to the retro ep70 style I reckon and go for something more subtle and JDM from the same era :-) Just my opinion obviously. I did have a link to rare JDM wheels but cant find it maybe someone on here can give you it theres loads on there so sure you will find some you like.

Love the project though mate, good to see someone taking time and effort to restore a classic motor. :-)

Keep postings updates looking forward to seeing the finished build.

they were just an idea as i can get hold of either of these sets of wheels easily,

and thanks for the comments

That rocker cover is sexual. Did you just spray it straight on?

took it off this morning; sanded, primed, sprayed, sanded the toyota back to the metal then laqured the whole lot.

quite nice for a rattle can job!!! :)^_^

and thanks mate

double post,

am looking into the alloys wheel option, can't afford to yet, but give me 2-3 months and i will try and get a set.

if anyone is looking to get rid of some 'old skool' JDM wheels but not in a hurry, max a couple of hundred preferably with good rubber ^_^ you know who to contact :) ,

thanks again for allthe nice comments

p.s. may at some point consider strut brace and or springs

looking to sell some front lamps i was going to fit to my car,

on the car (rested on never properly fitted

P020610_11120001111.jpg

they are boxed and new taken out for these two pictures only (bulbs included)

P170610_11470002.jpg

i may also be looking to sell a pair of kenwood speakers if my grandad does not want them for his matiz :D

they are also brand new and boxed

P170610_11470001.jpg

and i have a bog standard kenwood headunit plays mp3 cd's nothing much more, but very good quality

although dad may want that is his tank (volvo 440) ^_^

will get more pics if anyone is interested in these items, and i will post them in the classifieds section but the fogs would only really suit a boxy.

open to good offers the money will go toward alloys :)

thanks mate

eventually it should look like this or better

quite like JDM wheels on starlets but this is gorgeous i love it

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

found this on the net, if the ex owner ever sees this i salute you man ^_^

also miib14 thanks for dubbing my car :)

upload3a.jpg

did you ever think of running some starlet steelys

thats my plan down 60mm front 80mm rear on steels painted gloss black with a red lip :)

i hadnt, what size were you thinking? 14's 15's.

personally i like the idea of jdm wheels,

the steelys already on are too small for my liking, would love 15's possibly 16's

thanks for the input though mate

sounds nice but i love full arches and low profile tyres

can't really afford to do anything with the car at the moment, run out of car funds :)

will take a look if you get round to wheels before me i will take a look, one thing that puts me off that idea is that there is a saxo in my area done with the same idea (black steelies, yellow lip, spacers on the back)

cool, looks a bit like the Mirthmobile from Waynes World

ebay-find-of-the-day-party-on-with-garths-amc-pacer-mirthmobi.jpg

scaramoosh! etc...

mum was calling it mirth for about 3 weeks after i bought it,

when it got compared to that picture i feel like getting rid or spraying it a totally different colour.

i have got to like the idea now.

scaramoosh! (thats going in my signature :) )

hi all a non photographic update here

after cleaning my ignition leads turns out they are champion 8mm high performance leads

this made me check the history as i bought it as a one old lady owner car and thought 'what would she want with things like high performance leads etc' but apparently she did

i still can't beleive that its had only one owner before me as above and all i have done it strip it and clean it as well as some minor body work tidy ups.

i have a concern that with the car being a group 6 car for insurance i will not afford to insure her, this means that there is a possibility of her going to a new loving owner. she is a great condition base for some mods that i would be sad to see go

(i am still very uncertain what to do, so if you do fancy her make me an offer that i can't refuse!!!! :D )

james

awesome buddy looks great,

probably get mine as low as yours and i would be well happy

i am having a clear out at home and should also have a job soon so car money will be becoming slowly more availible.

have found my first purchase:

wind deflectors £22.29 with £6.00 postage on ebay (didnt know they did them for the boxy)

will probably get a large uksc sticker for my back window.

eventually the rims and susp will come :)

• 1 month later...

hi all

have been offline for 2 weeks now :) and have a few updates to post (pics not on the computer yet), but something i would love you all to here about is my cars engine conversion which i was totally in the dark about untill last week!!!!

the car is a totally genuine one lady owner 40k miles car which was all great, the guy who did the talking for the old lady and sold it too me mentioned that it had a new engine fitted at about 20k...... this struck me as odd but he then explained that it was left outside for the first time during the winter and the oil pump froze up and lost preasure meaning the next time it was driven the consequences involved unthinkable engine damage.

when removing the manifold cover for a coat of paint i noticed a code on the engine '2E'...... i did a little sleuthing and if it was still a 1E engine it would be 4speed manual and mine is 5speed this means i have the 1.3 engine rather than the 1.0!!!!!!

this means an extra 33hp putting me up to 88hp B)

luckily for me according to the 2E section of wikipedia toyota turbod the 2E engine to make 101hp upgradable to 111hp and this was called the 2E-LE engine with the turbo attached.

will post pics of the few small things that i have done, unfortunatly its nothing major.

ok then guys some more pictures and a long overdue update :(

i have hand cut some rising sun stickers to go with my starlet stickers in my back windows

P180710_16140001.jpg

a better photo of my side strip stickers

P110710_20210001.jpg

a little arty shot for you budding photographers :( (window looks a bit dirty :( )

P110710_20230001.jpg

new gear knob, just a cheapy of the market and re-painted inside the ciggy lighter (sorry for the poor picture)

the picture does not show the brightness of the gear knob :D

P270710_21050001.jpg

today i have painted all the towing eyes on the car gloss red (no photos of the front yet)

P300710_15200001.jpg

P300710_15200002.jpg

i am going to put tow stickers under each of the towing eyes in the near future but cant over the next week as i am going on holiday in the morning ;)

comments as usual folks

luckily for me according to the 2E section of wikipedia toyota turbod the 2E engine to make 101hp upgradable to 111hp and this was called the 2E-LE engine with the turbo attached.

dya not mean the 2E-TELU

starlet2e_mesin_turbo_starkot3.jpg