• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they will be on there way as soon as the cash allows, i've started putting money aside so that when i do it i can do it properly with some pukka wheels!!!!! and lowering springs are quite cheap its just fitting them!!!!

i have been having a look at alloys wheels so i know what sort of money i will be looking at spending!

i am thinking of either the calibre vice or the calibre pro7 in matte black.

here is a link to the calibre range

http://www.calibrewheels.co.uk/carrange.html

even though the vice is a cool retro wheel, the pro7 would also look good on more modern jap cars when i come to upgrade to either a glanza or an mx5 in the future!!!

any thoughts???

got some wheels today!!! none of the above but look very nice!!! i shall treat you all to photos when they have been refurbed and the car has been washed!!!!!!!!!!

i may get some jdm ones at some point but im damn happy with its new look!!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

wheels pretty much done now, just need to give the car a wash before i give you a glimps of how its looking!!

alot of work is planned over the summer to repair any wear and tear and to combat any rust sneaking through since last summers blitz as well as a few cheekt little mods to make it a very special little car

keep watch over the next few months!!!

• 2 weeks later...

right guys a bit of a blitz at the moment spending money on the car while i can still afford to!!!

i have fitted and polished the new alloys, photos to come this weekend!

steering wheel ordeded (and boss ;) )

steering wheel!

money set aside for carb set up!!!! wont have that done until new filter is fitted!!!

got a mate giving me a hand deciding on how to go about laying out the intake system and what parts i should order.

catch can ordered

catch can!

and hopefully a rev gauge will be making its way onto my dash...... something like this, dont know whether to have this one!!!!

rev gauge

and an absolute bucket load of paint has been bought for the body of the car and i have got my stickers being made for the alloy centre caps ( a proper uksc special!!!)

thanks for looking!! ;)

Nice steering wheel been looking around for one recently and will be interested on where and how you mount your catch can been trying to decide where to put mine can't really decide

the wheel should look good with the colour of the car!! and i am not too sure about how im gonna mount it at the moment, the listing shows cable ties, and i dont wanna fit it like that.

i may fit it around either of the bolt holes i have circled!

post-6739-1309430077_thumb.jpg

both locations i have looked at so far are on the opposite side of the bay to the battery cause at the moment its no where near as crowded!!!

Good luck man, but shame to see you haven't got yourself a Nardi steering wheel!

nearly got a wood rimmed wheel but an extra 80quid is just too much on my wage!!!! once these things are done to my car though now, im not gonna have much to buy for it really and ill already have the boss so maybe 6-12 months down the line this one will be coming for sale and nardi will find its way in!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just read through your thread, great work, glad I can say i have joined the EP70 massive lol, well say massive i think there are about 2 of us lol

Cant wait to get mine :p

personally wheels arent for me

but a lot of people dont like what ive done to my car, so if you like it, carry on

thanks for the comments guys, and welcome to the small 70 clan!!!

i am not the biggest fan of the wheels, but they look 100% better in the flesh, have given it a lovely wide track from the front and back, and the handling is about 450% better!!!!!

just a nice stop gap until i get some proper jdm wheels!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the colour on your ep70, wish mine wasnt bloody gold coloured!! Oh well i am stuck with the colour for the time being, but i have been considering getting the car wrapped, so could pick any colour then :)

My build has been progressing quite well, at the stage now where i have to take out my ep82 engine, getting bloody sick of taking that engine out all the time lol

How is the car running, you said its been giving you jip?

:(

thanks for the comments guys, and welcome to the small 70 clan!!!

i am not the biggest fan of the wheels, but they look 100% better in the flesh, have given it a lovely wide track from the front and back, and the handling is about 450% better!!!!!

just a nice stop gap until i get some proper jdm wheels!!!!

giving me jip to the maximum!!!

13mpg and not enough power for hills, plus the constant worry of the battery being charged cause the alternator is on the fritz!!!!!

luckily your engine will mean a new coil carb and alternator to get it sweet again and it gives me a second engine to get looking hot!!

and for the clubs info i have been looking into removing the tints and every sticker on it..... i have looked at coilovers, jdm rims and the possibility of a clear bonnet when my engine bay is 100% perfect!!!!!

dont apologise guys!! im losing love for the wheels very rapid!! i need something more retro just spending all my money on tech (phones, tablets pc's!!) and an engine and 2 wings and maybe 2 rear quater panels and maybe a front valance!!! ouch!!!! all this while taking out a new gf is a mean feat on my wage!!!!

hello guys!!!!

cant keep waiting for a sunny day to wash my car and take photos with the alloys on!!!!! so here is a sneaky peek at how she looks now!

post-6739-1310925316_thumb.jpg

comments as per usual!!

i dont think the wheels that are letting it down but the actual tyres and stance of it,

some nankang skinnies on those wheels 165 section for stretch along with some slamage, it would look mean,

id be goin this way,

want one so bad after seing this pic.

ep70_toyota_starlet_slammed.bmp