Dug out my PS2 and my copy of GT4 the other day, only to find I didn't have the save any more. Sadface.

When I booted it up though, and got onto the menus, so many memories came flooding back, having a huge hit of nostalgia every once in a while is stupidly addictive.

But alas, since theres no save file, I'm having to do the licences all over again! FUUUU- And since I don't have a wheel anymore, its even harder to be smooth through corners etc. Can only manage to get full silvers on the first licence (B?) Only time I got a gold was on the Coffee Break...

Also, the car AI is stupidly retarded. "Oh there is a car that is clearly much faster than me beside me, I shall keep to the racing line anyway hurrr."

There's so much JDM goodness in this in comparison to say, Forza 2/3 however, I think I'll be playing it for quite a bit (again).

Anyone else still play any of the old games for that nostalgia rush?

Yeah I've still got all the gran turismos and my saves :lol: GT4 is hardly nostalgic though, should try the first one - it seems rediculously quick compared to the others when you play it now and the licences are the hardest on it - I got all gold on every other GT game except the first.

I love the sound track and menu music for GT1 too, on the whole it was amazing at the time.

We should finally get a release date for GT5 tonight too from the E3 show.

Can't find my old copy of gran turismo 2! If you complete the light wieght cup series then you unlock a glanza! That game is the reason I bought one :lol: it oues me soooooo much money now its all their fault lol think I could sue and say the game made me mod my car and spend all my money :(

never bought an xbox so i am still rolling the big silver ps2 box (starting to die :lol: )

i am a big player on the driving games.

we should set up a competition thread, log onto arcade mode (all cars are standard so its fair) gran tourismo 3 or 4

choose a car and track then everyone posts their time for 1 lap

and yes some jdm goodness

I'll buy your GT4 for the sum of a hug, as mine seems to have corrupted myself and has thus left me in a rather aimless state

I was gutted when I got GT4 on the day of release, my PS2 decided it couldn't cope with the size of it and refused to play so I had to wait and get the PS2 refurbished.:lol:

i have gt4 and was playing it a few weeks ago...tried to find this peice of jdm goodness but dont have it and no idea how to get it!! i will let the video explain more :lol:

Oh I would've cried if that happened - hardcore GT fan here, bought 2 the day it was released in America, and Pre-ordered 3 & 4. 5, the novelty's worn off the wait, though I'm purchasing a PS3 solely for that game. But only after I finish 4. Fracking F1 Championship..

Oh I would've cried if that happened - hardcore GT fan here, bought 2 the day it was released in America, and Pre-ordered 3 & 4. 5, the novelty's worn off the wait, though I'm purchasing a PS3 solely for that game. But only after I finish 4. Fracking F1 Championship..

I was extremely gutted! How can you not've finished it though - get it done -100% complete 100% avg win ratio I expect no less.:(

I've not bothered pre-ordering GT5 yet with the delay it's had - bit rediculous and most likely down to 3d which I don't give a monkeys about. :lol:

One thing bout gran turismo I don't like... All the cars sound similar/ the same! I never really knew the reason for the red numbers on the dash either (something to do with the next gear shift I think?) plus the glanza in that video must have been a glanza s cus there was no turbo guage!?! There normally is on the turbo cars isn't there?!?

my ps3 died last year so i dug out and wiped the dust from my old ps2. stick GT4 back in and found all my different glanza's again (yes i bought loads of them :( ), only game i ever found to have a starlet though :lol:

One thing bout gran turismo I don't like... All the cars sound similar/ the same! I never really knew the reason for the red numbers on the dash either (something to do with the next gear shift I think?) plus the glanza in that video must have been a glanza s cus there was no turbo guage!?! There normally is on the turbo cars isn't there?!?

the red number is the redline for the gear that you are in like 4th's redline would flash 4 till you change to 5 .

anyone intrested in a in a best lap challange, winner pics the next car/course??