hi guys

as you all may know i am pretty much finnished with my ep70 build but can't drive for about 10 months.

despite that headache i have two even bigger ones, first of all, if i do decide to keep her she will be sitting for 10 months outside down the side of my house being walked on by my cat, having bicycles pulled past it and many other possible sources of scratches and dents. :)

also if i do decide to keep the car i then have to contemplate insuring a 1.0 12valve which currently has no mods (sounds cheap) but unfortunatly; due to the age, collectablity, modability, rarity and so on it has been boosted to an insurance group 6 (only one group lower than a 1.8 volvo) meaning i could not afford to insure it (£2700; age 17, new driver, no NCB rough price). :)

i would hate to see the old girl go as i love her to peices and have put sooo many hours into her. all other cars that i like are about the same age; nova's, 205's, mini's unfortunatly they all cause the same problem. (i am a true retro boy who should have been born about 15 years earlier :D )

what should i do?

james

BY THE WAY: if you all believe that it is best for me to sell up there will be a good project up for grabs, great condition, a good base for some hardcore mods :D

i'd personally keep trying to get insurance :) ring round haggle like you've never haggled before and play each company off another and you should get it down a fair bit :)

Im supprised your struggling to get insurance mate.

As the others have said try loads of companies, write down all prices and see what deals they can do over the phone.

How much have you said the car is worth, number of miles a year ?etc etc

Adam

thanks for all the help guys

have used confused.com and 47 insurers were offering insurance from £2,700 al the way to the scary side of £19,000!!!!!

i will be looking into insurance very seriously over the next few weeks to see if i can't haggle something down and see whats possible.

if i do decide to seel the car i will not really have a set price, i will have a number in my head and if your offer is close enough i will go for it :)

thanks again

james

yes comparison sites are pretty crap, but they give you a list of insurers, go around the best/better insurance companys that come to the top of the list and ring them all separately, its so much easier to knock of a few bob over the phone than on a computer

Try CIS Insurance, google them, they're amazing for us young'uns.

Starlet Sportif, 2nd driver, 17, no NCB, less than 1 years driving experience, sh*tty area of London, parked on street, £1149/yr fully comp NCB protected.

Shafz.

agreed comparison sites are wank mate best to go direct to people like sky and flux, as abouve livipool vic offer good rates for new drivers and also look through classic mags and put her on a capped miliage policey failing theat buy a shite cheap run about and leave her under a car cover till you can use her on the road start he once a week and get some one to run it up and down the road for you who is insured to do so to rare a car to give up on mate!!!! if you sell up due to this small but irritating hurdel i will personaly drive to your house and slap you witha wet fish!!

dont give up just because insurance is a challenge!

SERIES 70 BOY - have u had any luck with ringing up companies. Whats the cheapest quote you got. sorry for being abit nosey, m bro's in the same boat.

not overly tried ringing op the companies as i have been looking at quotes for other cars

the best 2 cars that i have found so far are

:) fiat 126 bis - £1300

:p mk1 fiesta popular - £1500

i really am considering getting rid of my car when i see things like that, if i can pull down the insurace cast of the starlet how cheap could i get one of these cars, the problem then comes when i look at my starlet :) and i skip a heartbeat!!!

agreed comparison sites are wank mate best to go direct to people like sky and flux, as abouve livipool vic offer good rates for new drivers and also look through classic mags and put her on a capped miliage policey failing theat buy a shite cheap run about and leave her under a car cover till you can use her on the road start he once a week and get some one to run it up and down the road for you who is insured to do so to rare a car to give up on mate!!!! if you sell up due to this small but irritating hurdel i will personaly drive to your house and slap you witha wet fish!!

dont give up just because insurance is a challenge!

if i do sell it any time soon i will be slapping myself with a wet fish in a couple of years anyway