• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hit just over 160mph in my mr2(with more to go)... believe me its not something you really wanna try for, it shit me up big style :D never doing it again.

forget ever trying more then 140 in your tin cans!... i think i did close to 130mph back when i had mine and it was just silly so unstable! lol

also back to your question blitz, having a exhaust bung in can actuality restrict the flow highly and that was most likely what was holding it back. it can really create a lot of back pressure. if you get a chance again just try without the bung see how it runs

^^^^^^ Must have beeen screaming!!

it was... gearing was the limiting factor for defo! Aerodynamics following not far behind!

wot the hell thats mental i have managed 137 in a bit of private road then boi lol but had a fair mount more to give do u have to change rad caps then cause thats kinda worrying

apperently ment to uprate them, mine popped clean off after i noticed temp rising then i heard a pop! and then steam. pulled over, needed to top water up and luckily the cap was still in the bay, so i made it home safe.... everything was fine on the car.... thank god! scared me tho! i had 2 hands on the wheel and it was NOT stable at that speed.

Socks is the man again :D

nothing to brag about lol!

any healthy glanza at 180-200bhp wud do it imo...

Yeah proven mate 175 at the engine 150 at the wheel, and spose the exhaut bung acts like the same as a moped exhaust will take the bung out and try again cheers guys

this is mental!!

mines had just over 145mph in 4th still room to breath and f*ck me was it scary!!! :D

on private road obviously and honestly I whole heartedly agree that these cars are tin cans and can not and are not built for that...certainly not stable at these speeds and i dont know about anyone else but mines is like a wrestling match woth the steering wheel!!! lmao

socks- what mods do you have dude? dyno graph of the 180bhp?

98 Glanza V

Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust System

Blitz Decat Pipe

Dave Burwash Manifold

HDI Front Mount Intercooler

Toy Tuning Filter Relocation Kit

HKS Actuator @ 1.0Bar

TD Fuel Pump Kit

Blitz Access ECU

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve

Magnecore HT Leads

Irdium Grade7 Spark Plugs

Air Con Removed

1st & 2nd Gear Boost Restriction Removed

Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's w/ 195/45/15

The car is otherwise stock!

no dyno proof but i think many would agree from a healthy glanza 180bhp is a minimum! :D

this is mental!!

mines had just over 145mph in 4th still room to breath and f*ck me was it scary!!! :D

on private road obviously and honestly I whole heartedly agree that these cars are tin cans and can not and are not built for that...certainly not stable at these speeds and i dont know about anyone else but mines is like a wrestling match woth the steering wheel!!! lmao

yeh fully agree, it scared me and thank god it was super smooth road and no crosswinds!

I'm on the meisters had them set up hence the test run and I ll tell you what it felt fine at 120mph I know there's no strength in the car but mine felt fine obvs had a fair bit of room around me on the air field cars getting set up next week to stop the hurrendous understeer

clocks1.jpg

long long private road! NO MORE to go... rad cap blew clean off too.

u shud be able to crack more then 120 on 0.8bar lol!

^^^^^^ Must have beeen screaming!!

cv boots didnt like it too much either haha

clocks1.jpg

long long private road! NO MORE to go... rad cap blew clean off too.

u shud be able to crack more then 120 on 0.8bar lol!

fuck me, dont think 150 in a starlet would feel too good

• 1 month later...

i had blitz access so i dont no but i think they increase it to 8600rpm....

obv since this ive had my car RR'd at 202.6bhp on stock engine and turbo @ 1.1bar, so probably gave me the edge over people running 20bhp less lol...

but obv the power drops off at the rpm i was at so... there was no more to go, shame 5th isnt geared a bit better :o

tbh tho it aint fun, i got a right sweat on! accleration makes these cars fun right :p

i had blitz access so i dont no but i think they increase it to 8600rpm....

obv since this ive had my car RR'd at 202.6bhp on stock engine and turbo @ 1.1bar, so probably gave me the edge over people running 20bhp less lol...

but obv the power drops off at the rpm i was at so... there was no more to go, shame 5th isnt geared a bit better :o

tbh tho it aint fun, i got a right sweat on! accleration makes these cars fun right :p

Thats when the TRD final drive comes in handy lol...or 6speed