got my deposit down on this little gem i found for sale at a jap garage in Bradford, Yorkshire. its a 97 spec with 39,000 on the clock. No engine mods just an m's stainless exhaust, lowered, advan alloys and a turbo timer. Got to wait a week for it to be registered before i can pick it up which should be this time next week.

glanza.jpg

glanza2.jpg

glanza3.jpg

glanza4.jpg

I'm 20 with 2 1/2 years driving experience 1 accident and 2 years ncb. I am going to see what sort of quotes i get i was being quoted £750 full comp with admiral but now they seem to want £2000 and i ent paying that! Gonna give flux and sky a ring tomoz.

First mods will probably be decat, clear indicators and some nice looking face lift rear lights. (the red ones)

Oh and of course take the boost restriction off which i hope isn't to hard..

lemme know what you think and some pointing in the right direction wouldn't go a miss either lol :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the comments. From oxford noone round heres got one that i know off..probly see about 10 when im driving about. Nice to be welcomed :D

cant wait to pick it up, phoned admiral today confirmed a nice quote with them £650 full comp.

what would you recommend i do performance wise first..?

i did ring and before i had the chance to sey is it down as an import glanza v he beat me to it. i told him i would ring back when i get the registration to confirm what car it is and to pay ect.

giving the reg wont help if its registered as a starlet cd or sportif or something. my glanza was registered as a cd and on some insuarance websites it came up as a corrolla lol.

it is a stunning car mate nice purchase you will love it !

picking this up tomorow will have some more pictures up asap :lol:

i have a question however..obviously i want to mod it, its got an exhaust already but i will be adding the following..

decat

manifold

fmic

air filter relocated

Eventually i am going to want to adjust the boost ect

at what point am i going to need a fuel cut defender and uprated fuel system..dont want to fuck the engine up so whens best to get it sorted and where??? ;) i live in oxford about an hour away from london. Ideally looking for a garage with mapping facility's so they can sort it all out for me as i haven't got a clue.

finally got this home at 2 in the morning on a thursday night after a little hiccup. Where it had been sat for so long the spark plugs had fucked and was causing it to run like a piece of shit. Thought i had been done over..lol any way problem now resolved new sparkies and cleaned the inside and is running better now. going to chuck some injector cleaner in the tank tomoz night, help clear all the shit that has been sitting around for too long!!

nice surprise when i opened the glovebox to see a leaflet with apexi written at the top which was the booklet for the exhaust system on it sounds really lush and burbles away nicely.

got next week off so am going to really spend some time making it look spotless. also orderd some magnecor ignition leads and a sard r2d2 bov :)

Apexi exhaust is the one mate, loved mine but they do tend to rot so just keep an eye on it :p

With the mods mentioned above you will want an adjustable actuator too, you will be getting fuel cut otherwise, the next step then is a decent boost controller and a piggy pack to remove the fuel cut or an aftermarket plug and play ecu.

Dont get a Fuel cut defender, I wouldnt go near one even with a FPR and decent set up, you get more gains from the ECU obviously.

Very nice V by the way, enjoy :p