does anyone know who would do best insurance for 18 year olds?! im getting ripped off everywere all about 3n a half to 6 grand!!! :)

try aviva and put your parents on the policy as named drivers if you can, that should bring it down alot. Dont use comparison sites and there just full of crap.

Elephant and Admiral are good for young drivers.

Good websites which are easy to use amend quotes etc

Try putting your parents down as named drivers, that will help a lot lower the price.

Are you getting insured on an N/A or turbo? :)

Adam

n/a, might not even get a starlet yet the prices are ridiculas :) only my dad drives and he lives like miles away from me does that matter can i still put him on it? he said i can go on his but thats still 2 and half grand!!!

It shouldn't matter about your dad

Get a starlet! They are one of the cheapest cars to insure.

Im supprised your struggling being a girl aswell. When I was 17 and just past my test, insurance was £716 under my mum.

You should be able to get the same price, if not better!! ^_^

adam

also worth remembering, that use someones reg that you know of a standard starlet you want since i used to try see what quotes were like for me, i put in on my name for just a sportif looking through the model type etc. it came to 1900 and then put in the reg of my car and dropped to 1200.

So use a reg instead of just looking up through the model etc.

get a salmon pink starlet like myne :lol:

haha, im 17 first year driving is £1980 with quinn

Jesus i paid £1000 for my first year driving then £1300 with 1 yncb with quinn.

my mate bought a car recently and was using compare the market for quotations. i told him to use other comparison websites and see if would be cheaper.

he saved £900 by using moneysupermarket.com!! he is using his older sister on the policy to make it cheaper, and he has got convictions as well and it cost him £1198, not bad.

i would definitely try using your dad on the policy, some companies still take you as the higher risk but other will make a considerable reduction to the premium.

i hate insurance :lol: mega rip off.

whose nfu? is there number 01704512810?

ill try all them everytime ive rang people they say our rates have gone up in the last few months aswell, i got a qoute in march for a starlet 1600 quid did the exact same car reg and that just changed it to september and it shot up to 3800! i got a qoute from adrin flux for 2450 online rang up and they said it would be 3400. even tried a company called ikube n ya cant drive between 11pm n 5am to make it cheaper and that 3700!! :lol:

ive tired with him on it and without him on it.. quinn direct said if i insure it for £1100 on my provisional then it might only go up a few hundered quid, then said it could go a few grand up? ive asked my dad to ring up his company n put in his name and me as a named driver but dunno if he will or not

ive tired with him on it and without him on it.. quinn direct said if i insure it for £1100 on my provisional then it might only go up a few hundered quid, then said it could go a few grand up? ive asked my dad to ring up his company n put in his name and me as a named driver but dunno if he will or not

I paid £600 for the year on my provisional with Quinn, then when i passed they wanted £400 so i just gave it them because 1k is cheap for a first car :lol:

dont meen to burst your bubble or anything, but i would get your own insurance as going on someone elses wont build up your no claims, and then if you wanted to get something faster later on they probably wont touch you

i know id rather get my own be eaiser.. i can get insured with some company for £712 on my provisional but a qoute after i passed with them is like £5000 n never heard of them n would rather do quinn direct because i got qouted like £2500 with them that aint too bad, its just payin monthly as well its a twat

i know im prob doing everyone heads in now but .. i just did a qoute, added my dad then said he would be the main driver and it dropped to £1500! but if i put it in my dads name and put me as a named driver its £2300... i took a print thing of what i done n the prices n just wondered if i can do it?

this is what i put on add driver bit, i put me down as 18 years old, had my licence 0yrs n 0months and got a passplus. but dad main driver..

insuranc2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this is the results i got..

insurance1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

could i insure my car if i qouted this?

try liverpool victoria, they used to do a bonus scheme for first time insurance policey holders, and you realy dont want to use comparison sites there poo, i know i had a struggle this year to get mine down an im 26 and never had a claim etc yet it still whent up by nearly £100 till i shopped round loads, insurance premiums are mad atm :lol:

tbh im happy with the 1500 given up now haha now i need £1200 for the car!!! found a sr and i really want it my dads given me £1000 next month but it well will of been sold by then :lol: well gutted noone will lend it me either