well been on forums for month or 2 now mainly browsing for parts and reading other peoples builds had my glanza for about a month now its a 98 imported about in late 08 with 55k on the clock has been convereted to mph now tho 2 weeks after i got it the clutch started to slip so i got a 6 puk clutch having some probs with ma gearing atm seems to randomly stick in gear when i drop the clutch atm so looks like it will be back off to the garage to see whats going on there and then also got a nice suprise when i went out to the shop today on way back smelt some oil so pulled over poped the bonnet and found ma bottom intercooler pipe and a/c pipes all coverd in nice toasty oil checked the dipstick to see how bad it was and wouldnt even show me any oil (oil was checked on thursday n was full lol) cant realy see whats went wrong yet so will need to get it towed to garage tomorow n pray its not done any big damage if it has i think ill have to just get a nice fresh forged 1 to be safe lol any way thats ma story if anyone was bored enought to read it took some pics when we pushed it in to a car park so i could finaly get some pics up

07112010051.jpg

07112010050.jpg

07112010049.jpg

07112010047.jpg

07112010046.jpg

07112010045.jpg

it came bascily standard bar a fmic, toms bumper,boast gauge,turbo timer and some sexy rays

been slowly picking up parts for it but not had time to put them on yet due to work but ive got the following so far

zisco ct9 mani

zisco decat (to arrive still)

walbro fuel pump

airfilter re-location kit

catch tank

8.5mm magnacore leads (along with full service kit)

hks actuator

8kw hid lights

few blue pipes (rad n such)

sexy 1 of gear knob from jason on here

polished rocker cover from jam35 (still to arrive)

earthing kit from the latest group buy (still to arrive)

6 puk clutch (fitted)

probaly forgot a few things misses is getting rather pissed than am replacing the food and plates in the kitchen cupboards with car parts but am sure she will forgive me at somepoint

Looks good dude, think i saw this on ebay a while back but was miles out my budget! if it is the same car.

Hope it's a simple fix bud.

yea thats it was outta my budget to but it was nicest id seen for awhile so just bit the bullet and went down and bought it

lol, very nice car mate, worth taking your time over. mine's in bits, engine's in my sitting room! the mrs is doing her nut but too dainty to move it heehee.

Where you from bud?

am from scotland in a lil town near glasgow yea i offerd mine a romantic weekend away and she was over the moon till i mentioned it was a hotel just round the corner from monster motorsport so i could get a emu fitted and maped :)

:) You're not too far from me then lol, just go my spare engine from the isle of Arran lol

lol am on the look for a house with a garage atm and then planed to get a spare engine for me to play around with however if its bad new at garage tomorow the engine will be put on the list before the house lol what was shiping like for that or did you pick it up

Sounds like the oil feed to the turbo, this fracture often one way round this is a racetech braided oil feed, thing is when they fracture first you know is the engine knocks and unless you are running guages, oil pressure, temp etc it will have dropped it all before you know it!!!

Hope its not too damaged

John

Sounds like the oil feed to the turbo, this fracture often one way round this is a racetech braided oil feed, thing is when they fracture first you know is the engine knocks and unless you are running guages, oil pressure, temp etc it will have dropped it all before you know it!!!

Hope its not too damaged

John

yea i have feeling its gonna be that to and i asked ricky to get me a price for 1 delivered on friday so it will be my luck it braking before i had a chance to change it lol however i think i need to invest in some more gauges now

• 5 months later...

figured id update this with some of the progress ive made so far been mainly working on power / handling pretty happy with it atm till i can save up for forged engine and gearbox rebuild with an lsd. now weather is better going to start to work on cleaning up the body work and hopefully have a nice c/f bonnet from iddy soon.

whats been done so far.

race-tech td04 kit

walbro fuel pump

miester r coilovers

cusco 7 point roll cage

evo 8 recaros

sparco 3 point harnesses

prosport boost/water temp /oil temp /oil pressure gauges

blitz ebc with power meter

indiglo reverse dails

white-line anti lift kit

white-line rarb

wms 4 pot brake kit ( worth every penny saved my ass a few times already :D)

uprated earthing kit

magnacore 8.5m leads

zisco c pillar bar

vibe 4" speaks behind dash

8k hid headlights and fog lights

oil cooler /filer relocation kit

360cc injectors

all maped at 1.2 bar on a emu ( going back up to get final tweaks done and launch control in next few weeks)

thats bout all i can rember so far sure i forgot 1 or to things. still couple parts to go but for now it will be front bumper resprayed and get the te37s refurbed.

always forget to take pics of bits going on lol so sadly just a couple pics i snaped the other day prob shoulda washed the car first tho :D

o and ignore the stupid intercooler last 1 gained a hole so just using this till i can get a new core and some custom pipes made up

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

My old turbo kit :D

And shes only doing 1.2 B) she loved 1.5 with mine :D

Car looks well, treat my turbo like i did please and wind the boost up B)

ha ill wait till i forge mine me thinks then wind it up abit more great turbo kit tho even tho under ma bonnets a mess people still shocked when they see the monster mani :D

cheers for the comments got most my big stuff out the way just down to the cleaning up body work and tidying under the bonnet keep seeing people posting up spotless engine bays so hopefully this good weather will keep up and i can get mine done :(