Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update but no pics as of yet.

Just purchased a number of things for the starlet ;

CT9 Hybrid Turbo

Carbon effect Sheeting for making my own door cards

Depo Racing Boost and Oil pressure Gauges

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

AeroCatch Flush Bonnet Pins in White

Just received CJ Performance full hose kit so i have ordered some new stainless juiblee clips to fit them and replacement Fluids.

Going to ring up Tuning Developments tomorrow to order my Denso 430cc injectors with FPR and adapter with 255 walbro pump :)

Keep posted for some pics :)

Some updates of bits that i have aquires over the last month

Carbon Fibre effect plastic to make some door cards

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

CT9 Hybrid Toy Tuning Turbo

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

These arrived not too long ago

IMG_0808.jpg

New Depo Racing gauges, white face with blue led

IMG_0798.jpg

Sandwich Plate From Iddy! Cheers Again

IMG_0799.jpg

Tow Strap

IMG_0800.jpg

Now for the best bit!

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

With White Aero Catches

IMG_0804.jpg

Just ordered TD acuator for the turbo and fueling goodies to be ordered

Yer i understand what you mean Amjad, im going for the track look and when my car goes over 90mph the original bonnet was moving and flexing so with a lighter carbon bonnet on track doing that plus alot more i thought i would like to be on the safe side instead of ruining my windscreen and new bonnet lol! I just have to bring myself to cut some holes into it :(

Ok another update

Fitted most of my CJ Performance hoses and its looking alot fresher in the bay

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Then it was time to fit my carbon bonnet and the aero catches which i was shitting myself about cutting holes in my new bonnet!

Here it goes

I masked up and drew where i wanted them to go bearing in mind i have to put the bolts for the aero catches into somewhere in the slam panel

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Now it was time to cut it out and i was pretty pleased with the result

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Then i had to bolt the aerocatches to the bonnet

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

Then i decided to make an idea into a reality. I saw this on rinseeps HRF bumper and thought i would try it on my bumper and i have mixed emotions at the moment but i think the bonnet sets it off nicely

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Cheers dude! They are a good modification, they look cool and as long as you line them up correctly and have the bollocks to cut into your bonnet. I just think the cheaper bonnet pins don't look as good

• 1 month later...

Right bit of an update, I decided to go for the blended in look in the end and heres basically the steps i took.

First i decided to fibreglass the vents in place, this was a few layers of fibreglass and sanding down.

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

Then i had to filler the vents to make sure it would look blended into tthe bumper instead of just stuck there i kind of wanted them to look flush in the bumper.

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

This filler was shit to work with and it looked like shit aswell, after a few coats of this and sanding down to make sure it was smooth, i blasted a trial coat of primer to make sure there were no imperfections and it didnt come out too bad at all

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

Then i tool it down to my local sprayers and he said for a first time its a great effort but hes a perfectionist so he said he will just go over a couple of bits again and this is how it came back to me!

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

I was very impressed how it turned out! Unfortunatly i havent got a picture of it on the car yet as its gone away for a few bits and MOT but all i can say is it looks pretty damn good!

A couple of other bits i did while i was waiting for the filler and fibreglass to set was fit a RARB

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

And also received my Tuning Developments Fuel Pump and Ultra Racing Rear Bar

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg#

Like i said previously its gone away for its MOT and things like CV Joints and boots, ball joints, track rod ends, Tracking and servicing items for the Track season this year so as soon as it comes back i will get some pictures with the new bumper.

Things on the list for the end of the month is;-

New Intercooler core (Chrome)

4 point Lower Arm bar

Tuning developments 430cc Injectors (possibly)

Road Tax :(

That looks pretty sweet! I look forward to seeing the bumper on the car!

Is the RARB a Whiteline? Any feedback on the Rear lower bar? Let us know if it's easy to fit and whether it's worth buying! :)