Would a Japspeed exhaust system be okay for TD04?

Hey Guys,

My eventual plans are to run a TD04 in the GT and I was planning to get a custom 2.5" Turbo back exhaust system made up, but now I'm thinking of getting a Japspeed system

As I understand, the specs are: 2.25" downpipe, 3" mid section with a 4.5" tailpipe

Would a Japspeed system be restrictive at all on a TD04 at 1.0 Bar?

If so I guess I could get a 2.5"/3" downpipe made up when I switch from the CT9?

Also what are the gaskets like?

Thanks

Amjad

I just want to make sure I can get optimal flow for the Turbo, would 2.25 not be a bit small?

My local exhaust place recommended me a 2.5" Turbo back, and that was with CT9!

EDIT: Zac I think by downpipe they mean from the cat to a bit before the midbox? But yeah I think you're right lol

That's what I don't get! lol

I don't think the systems include a decat part by the way..

Would be a good idea to replace the 2.25 with 2.5 or just replace it with 3" and keep it consistent? But then again 3" is huge! :thumbsup:

When you say centre one your talking about the top one in the pic yea?

Looks like it does get bigger after the centre silencer.

Makes sense it being 2.25" after the cat but I dont see why it goes to 3"

No I mean the pipe in the centre of the picture, but you're right my bad!

The top pipe is the 2.25" (just noticed the flexi lol) then the centre pipe onwards is 3"

I think it goes Standard Cat/Decat>Japspeed Cat-Back system? John aka ro55ifumi said he didn't get a Cat/Decat section so I assume the 2.25" 'downpipe' is just the front part of the system?

The only problem with the japspeed systems is at the main flange (read bottom of downpipe) its a 2.25" flange then steps up to 2.5-3" and its a restriction in the flow even if your downpipe is 2.5, the only people i honestly say use a "true" 2.5" system is racetech and buddyclub was i think however obviously discontinued.

Also in relation to downpipe dispute earlyer up ^^

Downpipe on starlets is the decat there both the same thing on starlets.

Driver what do you reckon, I could run this system on CT9 at 1 Bar for a while.

When it comes to TD04 I could change the Decat and front (2.25") section to 2.5" which steps up to 3"?

Would there be any downsides from having 2.5">3"?

2.5-3 isnt the problem, as a 2.5" exhaust is fine for anything a td04 will throw at it so 3" will just be future proof and help flow.

The problem i would worry about is at the bottom of the downpipe/begining of the exhaust theres a flange which with most systems is only 2.25" and that will start to be restrictive, mine was a 2.5" system however that flange was 2.25" and it was best described as "abit queer".

The step up from 2.5 - 3" isnt a problem at all though.

2.5-3 isnt the problem, as a 2.5" exhaust is fine for anything a td04 will throw at it so 3" will just be future proof and help flow.

The problem i would worry about is at the bottom of the downpipe/begining of the exhaust theres a flange which with most systems is only 2.25" and that will start to be restrictive, mine was a 2.5" system however that flange was 2.25" and it was best described as "abit queer".

The step up from 2.5 - 3" isnt a problem at all though.

Cool coool, I was starting to think 3" was overkill!

"abit queer" :thumbsup:

That's sounds good then, if I go get a Japspeed I'd get the front section changed to suit TD04 Decat and in a 2.5" diameter, cheers for the advice! :)

why not go for a side exit? i can get you 1 made up cheap;)

How much are we talkin' Charlie? ;

Want an exhaust that's not too loud when cruising but mental when on boost hehee