my vf23 td04 and now vf28 running 252bhp stock

barnsy he is cauld mate. the silver jdm one.

i will have it lads telling you if it is last thing i do. in that case might have to go for 500 but have to get it to spool quick.

thinking of going on bike carbs as i once seen a mini with a full race 1380cc engine in almost gain 40lbf of torque just from this. obviously there will be a new custom inlet to think about but my good old buddy jhon will sort it.

alright fro he maybe is a long way a way but it is worth comining up and giving your car to get sorted for out at all. could stay at mine or pauls (bean) would not be a problem.

had the compresion test and sniff test done 175, 174, 175, 175 psi on the cylinders and not a thing on the sniff ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont actually know him. I've spoken to him a few times, seems a nice guy. Johnathan has told me quite a bit about it though. I only know him as barnes. Theres a new corsa c thats been built by a scotish guy that should be a decent match for the other one. There like each others arch nemesis lol.

Wouldnt be blue would it? Aye the corsa c?

I dont actually know him. I've spoken to him a few times, seems a nice guy. Johnathan has told me quite a bit about it though. I only know him as barnes. Theres a new corsa c thats been built by a scotish guy that should be a decent match for the other one. There like each others arch nemesis lol.

no mate its a silver one as well. this thing has had all sorts on it. the corsa b is running a gt35 on emerald managment and the corsa c is on a gt30 on dta s80 managment.

they are both beasts like but be class if a starbo ad beat them they would be devasted lol

Yeah i know the blue one, its a local lad, and its fecking silly!

Im sure theres a silver one from down your lads way, JDM Dyno plastered up the side? presume you know it?

Certainly would be interesting to see a EP whoop one of them, but i cant see it happening any time soon, especially when there clocking 130mph plus over the standing 1/4!

Have a crack though, make interesting viewing

yep the silver one with the jdm decals is barnes one running the gt35, last i heard it made 515bhp at jdm and 520 at daztec. its been mapped for different boost levels in different gears to help with traction now. im looking forward to the next events should be good.

Its quick for running at Crail ;) remember with no grip, no quick times. ;)

Plenty of grunt with it, shows with the terminals.

Im sure last time out he beat the silver one at Crail? I mind him telling me he was going 1st, 2nd, 5th just for traction :haha:

alright fro he maybe is a long way a way but it is worth comining up and giving your car to get sorted for out at all. could stay at mine or pauls (bean) would not be a problem.

Wish i had known about them before, must nearly have driven past it another 150miles to tuning developments last year ;)

On a side note...... I must see these corsas ;) You going to be doing much dragging this year Rory or you concentrating on the sprints?

• 3 months later...

well aint posted much on here for ages but have been to a drag meet cauld straight liners it aint a preped strip but has all the decent timing equipment.

i was well nervous at first as it was the cars first time and my first time. but here are the runs in order of how i done them.

1st run 14.64s trminal 98mph totally missed the light and all sorts on this one lol.

2nd run 14.09s

3rd run 13.97s

4th run 14.46s bad this one went from third gear back in to second woops

5th run 14.12s

6th run 13.92s

7th run 13.90s

8th run 13.57s terminal speed 108mph

9th run 13.74s

10th run 13.77s

11th run 13.79s started to rain so went down hill and boy did it start raining

12th run 13.92s

13th run 14.13s

14th run 15.71s spinning almost the full strip lol

15th run 15.65s

16th run 15.97s ha ha still a terminal speed of 108mph

17th run 15.10

18th run 15.62s

19th run 14.97s

20th run 14.75s

and gave up after this as it was just a waste of time it was a waste of time after run 11 really but was good fun. over all i came second in my class. it was a big power scooby that wone my class. was only .2 of a second slower than a 440bhp evo thing that was killing me was i could get no grip but maybe have another go tomorrow. Bean has some quality vids of me kicking skyline gtirs arses and the lot woop woop

hope fully he will send me the link for them

I will try and get some of the vids uploaded later today guys. Was a good afternoon just a shame the weather couldnt hold out for a bit longer. I think carl and his gt have done great for their first time up the strip. The car was full fat too, had parcel shelf, spare wheel, ect all left in. Plus the big lad him self haha. Im sure theres still room to shave a bit off the times with a little more traction.

I will try and get some of the vids uploaded later today guys. Was a good afternoon just a shame the weather couldnt hold out for a bit longer. I think carl and his gt have done great for their first time up the strip. The car was full fat too, had parcel shelf, spare wheel, ect all left in. Plus the big lad him self haha. Im sure theres still room to shave a bit off the times with a little more traction.

and the surface ain the best mate! if he made a trip to the pod his time would be alot better!

just seen the video on your facebook mate! haha epic, love what the guy on the loudspeaker says! :)

the one on my face book payed is just me playing about with that corsa turbo. in the dry i could pull almost a second if not more but in the wet it killed me. how do yo do links there is a daft one on my facebook page

im uploading some of them now, its going to take a while so think im gunna have a kip.

not sure if this will work or not

theres more to come later!

the head might of lifted for the water spitting out. Mine does it on track days but HG is still holding. ;)

is the vf28 direct fit from the td04 ?

i heard you need to have a bigger banjo on the vf ?

Ha Ha this is the vid of me when i banged it in to second from third by accident look at all the smoke it throws out down the bottom. poor thing must of reved up to about 12k ha ha ;)

yes it all fits but i think the tdo4 is a better set up to be honest.

aint seen that one i need to have a look thro all my time sheets see witch vid is the quickest.

wat made you say about the water mate. the car always does it when its on full chat bit of a pain to be honest.

cheers fella the car does sound good but the launch control is poo i think

ive added a few more. theres more to come yet maybe get them done later on.

all the vf turbos are a straight swap (except the twin scroll one) for a td04 they just need rotated which its loads easier to do on the vf's instead of the td ones. if you use a roller bearing one you need the banjo bolt with the small oil in to restrict the oil, if its a journal bearing you use a banjo with a big hole in it.

ive added a few more. theres more to come yet maybe get them done later on.

all the vf turbos are a straight swap (except the twin scroll one) for a td04 they just need rotated which its loads easier to do on the vf's instead of the td ones. if you use a roller bearing one you need the banjo bolt with the small oil in to restrict the oil, if its a journal bearing you use a banjo with a big hole in it.

nice one, am i right the vf35 is a journal ? this is the tubby im looking at getting next. meaning i dont have to change the banjo bolt and use the td04 one !?

im choosing the 35 cause of the small p15 side.

question to "valver" do you think the 04 is better then the vf u saying ?