ID-Workz Demo GT Turbo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one fender that is fitted will be coming back off as I can't take the time out to paint them. I'll be refitting the stock ones when I get a chance just so I can get the car on the road, and I'll fit the fenders at a later date.

I had a brace welded from flange to flange on the manifold, cheers Dale!

I've took the turbo kit off and replaced the gaskets with genuine Subaru items. It's still blowing from somewhere though, it's nothing major but I need to sort it out! Everything else is running smooth, the engine is extremely quiet! I just need to fix the idle level on it, fit a new ICV, get the knock sensor wired up then fit the front bumper and fingers crossed I can get her Tax'd today as the Vtec is coming off the road!

I stripped the turbo kit off and refitted it with genuine Subaru gaskets and she is now running sweet. The insurance is sorted and I'm in the process of buying road tax now. I've been using the Vtec for a week or so, and I can confirm that Boost is the way - even though the TD04 is only running at .5 bar. :thumbsup:

She's on the road now and running pretty well. I just need an EMB/Dastek so I can get her mapped at 1 bar. I also need to fit a new gearbox as the one on the car has a f**ked second gear. I just wish I knew about this when I changed the engine. :lol:

I need to get a panhard rod fitted asap as one of the tyres is getting shredded. I've got Cusco and an RSR lying about so I'll fit one of the two.