• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. yeh it should be quite beastly when i eventually get everything together haha. trying to get the more expensive engine parts out of the way so i feel like im getting somewhere. next should either be a nice flywheel and clutch setup or pistons n rods. hoping that james can get enough names to do a groupbuy on pistons and rods

Russell

Gaz threw them in with the kit and explained that the arp bolts just lift after 2.3 - 2.5 bar . i dont plan on going that much boost yet but cant go wrong with being stronger :(. i dont even know how you torque studs up properly :S lol

Russell

edit - Read the instructions :) i now know what im doing lol.

the only reason i dont have a car already is that i have an n/a in my driveway taking up the extra space thats I've been slacking with gettin ready to sell lol. might stick it up for cheap soon if i dont end up puttin it through an mot. I've changed my mind to an ep85 at the moment but since i dont have a car it doesnt matter and it may change again haha.So yeh I've just been collecting some parts :)

what makes you think that dude. A lumpy idle wouldnt really bother me since not much idling will be done on track :) but im a long way off knowing enough about engines so spill what your thinkin :(

Russell

A suprisingly quite follow up update :lol:

When i found out there was an ep85 for sale that i didnt have to import and was only 70 miles away i couldnt resist :p

So ill need to have this topic moved to the proper section now

Anyway the day started off good , went off and got the car. put some petrol in as it said it was empty but then 20 mins later i realised that the temp guage still said cold and the petrol gauge still says no fuel lol no ac or blowers working but contacted gary and it all worked fine last time it was used so verdict its possibly a fuse.

Next thing im on the edinburgh city bypass and bout 10 miles from home and the car just starts struggling and wipers barelly moving so i made a last minute decision to take the sliproad i was at and lucky as i did as it cut out completely at the top. I have another battery to try and if its that i blame the alternator which i also have spare but still had to get a friend to come recover me lol

was having so much fun driving it aswell

broked.jpg

P8070006.jpg

P8070005.jpg

P8070004.jpg

P8070003.jpg

P8070002.jpg

P8070001.jpg

As you can see some damage on the rear quarters but will be goin for a full respray eventually so bodywork can be fixed and all bumpers replaced with most likely some id workz parts :D

So now i am well and truely skint so probably be a while before update

and big thanks to Gary for helping me out by paying for the recovery as i have nothing left now haha.

Russell

lol yup. my auris has been stuck out on the street for now. igot a text from gary sayin its up for sale and literally about 30 seconds later i said ill take it lol. cheers dude im well chuffed with it

Russell

EDIT - thanks for moving this to the correct section assuming it was u :lol:

getting jealous of everything with there ep*5s now lol gotta get ma ass in gear any plans on engine / turbo once u save up the pennys :lol:? when i seen gary post bout it going up for sale was tempted but got ma heart set on a 95 lol

lol yup. my auris has been stuck out on the street for now. igot a text from gary sayin its up for sale and literally about 30 seconds later i said ill take it lol. cheers dude im well chuffed with it

Russell

EDIT - thanks for moving this to the correct section assuming it was u :lol:

You're welcome! All the best with this one :p

Niiiiiiiice one dude, havnt a clue how i missed this thread! And with the head its the duration of the cams that will make for a lumpy idle bud. The higher the duration the more lumpy it becomes but equaly the longer the valves stay open thus allowing more air in and out on the relavent cycles. Will be interested to see how they perform.

I changed the title so probably that lol unless youve just missed it from the start :)

yeh i had a look into cams so i had a basic understanding. Im not sure of the duration tho as it wasnt in the sale add and i never asked. I know they have 11mm lift but again im unsure of a standard spec cam in comparison :o I just knew that gaz had it done and he wouldnt do it if it was gonna be crap :p .

Ill get the plus side of suprising people at lights when they think my car sounds like its running bad and the respect of people who know a little bit :D

Trying to learn everything there is about cars in a short space is proving difficult.

Russell

Ah would of been the title change :) dont get me wrong dude, is nothing wrong with a lumpy idle i love the sound of big camed engines souds awesome imo. And checkout youtube, theres a forge engine build guide buy a greek tgtt member and its very helpful, is about 10 vids in the series but gives you a lot of good info! His name escapes me though :p im sure you will find it if you have a look :p

• 2 months later...

Another little update but an update non the less.

Got my pulleys and cam gear a couple weeks ago but wanted to wait till i had something else aswell so it wasnt just 1 thing lol

new pulleys n cam gear

IMG00276-20111011-1648.jpg

and also my new steering wheel :)

PA280001.jpg

steering wheel seems really good quality and it passed the bend test with flying colours haha.

Decent updates should come after the winter as i keep all my moneyt in winter just incase i get snowed off work for 6 weeks like last year . slowly getting there. I may start buying more of the standard replacement parts i need as apposed to performance parts next just so i have time to change my mind haha

hope you like my small update.

Russell