Yeah it's addictive but not in this weather! I've got a TD05'd Glanza and a TD04'd GT, so I think it's safe to say I am ok in the turbo department for now. :ph34r:

Insurance is a killer, the cheapest I found was £2200. I'm going to cancel it tomorrow though and take it off the road all being well, I should get the deposit back as it's within 14 days.

nice one mate, those dodgey fitted eg fogs need binned though. if there fitted properly they look really good but those look squashed in. i had a minter of a crx vt a few years ago. it only had 27k miles on it when i bought it. the teg handles better though.

Worth a go to see what the hypes like :thumbsup:. I just couldnt get into the whole vtec thing and i had 2 just to make sure lol.

I take it the CRX handles as good as any other Honda :p ?

I've still got the Glanza and the GT so it's all good for boost. :D

I haven't planted it around corners, the roads are damn and the wheels and tyres are rubbish. He sold the old wheels on the car separately but I'll fit something nice when funds allow.

She will be taken off the road tomorrow and hopefully the GT will be out!

Yeah it's addictive but not in this weather! I've got a TD05'd Glanza and a TD04'd GT, so I think it's safe to say I am ok in the turbo department for now. :thumbsup:

Insurance is a killer, the cheapest I found was £2200. I'm going to cancel it tomorrow though and take it off the road all being well, I should get the deposit back as it's within 14 days.

Off the road?????

Fck that, lend me it and I will look after it for you while my MR2 isnt running................or swap me :p

Haha, she will be getting some loving while she's parked up. The piston rings are on their way out so I'll whip the engine out and give it a full overhaul. My mate is selling a B16 with CTR pistons, Spoon headgasket, Skunk2 cams and some other bits so I could alternatively but that but we will see what funds allow!

I haven't planted it around corners, the roads are damn and the wheels and tyres are rubbish. He sold the old wheels on the car separately but I'll fit something nice when funds allow.

I dont doubt that one little bit :p:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Finally, some progress on the Honda.

The engine was smoking quite badly due to suspected piston rings, just what I was told by the previous owner but I never carried out a compression test to confirm - it could have been the stem seals. After weeks of searching, I got my hands on a low mileage B16A2 (65k) so we set about fitting that this weekend.

Looking sorry for herself, months of dust gathered.

a646268e.jpg

This is how the engine looked for a while as I removed and sold the cylinder head a while ago.

a9e7f2fc.jpg

An engine crane made things a lot easier for us.

1f62f429.jpg

184b378e.jpg

New engine.. We inspected the clutch and it appears to have covered very little mileage, I'd say less than 5k which a bonus.

e2f83c52.jpg

In we go!

P1040912.jpg

P1040915.jpg

P1040916.jpg

The original valve cover was in good condition but I still had the old yellow one sitting around so that was fitted after a quick clean up.

P1040917-1.jpg

P1040918.jpg

Just a few touches before we can get her running, ie. Driveshafts, manifold and exhaust.