the gt gearbox internals fit in the 4wd box as gaz did it with his but you need to match the final drive up with the rear diff and as far as im aware there isnt any other rear diffs that fit the starlet rear axle.

theres plenty of reason for wanting to gear these cars up not just for high speed runs, when your cruising on the motorway at 70+ you wont be reving the car so hard so it will be easier on the car and obviously use less fuel.

Whats the point? The gearing for the 95 is designed to cope with the 4wd. Starlets have never been a high speed car anyway.

Day

becuase I want to.... :/

Cant see why you'd want to go over 130 in a starlet anyway:S

Day

wat u cudnt see could fill a warehouse...

the gt gearbox internals fit in the 4wd box as gaz did it with his but you need to match the final drive up with the rear diff and as far as im aware there isnt any other rear diffs that fit the starlet rear axle.

theres plenty of reason for wanting to gear these cars up not just for high speed runs, when your cruising on the motorway at 70+ you wont be reving the car so hard so it will be easier on the car and obviously use less fuel.

ah right... so i can gear them all up apart from the final drive like....

a man that isnt questioning my reason and wants to help... WIN :) Thank you bean!

what i mean is you can alter the gearbox internals to gt spec gears but this alters the final drive so the rear diff would be turning at a different speed so something would have to take this up which would lead to something breaking (probably the viscous coupling)

so you would need to try and find other rear diffs that would fit and match the final drive, or get it modified - this is how i understand it anyway. ted and weejohn will know better.

when my car eventually goes for mapping i was going to get the rear diff checked out and see about getting it geared up as i also want to do it too mine. as soon as you mention going above 60-70 on these forums people seem to get there keyboard warrior head on the go.

the ep85 1st gear is so short, i think weejohn and ted fitted the gt 1st in their boxes.

hope this helps mr sock

lol. yes... yes it does...

but tbh mate... im asking a question i dont need people asking my why i need to know... if u cant help me why waste my time ;)

out of interest matt why you asking? is a 4wd conversion on your list of future plans?

might have crossed my mind :)

im sure there was a topic on this somewhere.

i just remember readin about how if u alter the box ratio without the rear diff then front and back wheels will be tryin to turn at different speeds. ill see if i can find it again lol

• 3 weeks later...